PS4 is the most innovative 8th gen console by a mile. haters be damned!

Started by Legend, Aug 18, 2014, 07:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

bananaking21 8 hours ago

Innovation is a word thrown out a lot in this industry. publishers cant make a statement without using the word, and every dang game is filled with innovation according to its publisher. heck, every call of duty is the pinnacle of innovation if we are going by how much activision uses that word. The word however, isnt just used in press releases, its also used by the fans. "i dont care about graphics, all i care about is gameplay and innovation!", "i wish developers would stop rehashing the same old game and innovate for once!" are just some of the usual statements made us, the self entitled gamer. 

Of course, we, the self entitled gamers are experts when it comes to innovation, we can sense it tingling against our ball sacks when ever it is present. and thus we have used our magic abilites not just to judge the innovation in games, but also on the hardware. 

Nintendo has been credited a lot for its "innovative" WiiU, and Microsoft has bragging about its innovations in power of the cloud and kinect. while i heard the term of the PS4 being a "PS3.5" many many times. and while i certainly do not say that what i read on the internet and what i saw as a general consciousness around the forum to be an actual representative of reality, i am here to set things straight, even if its just for my own tiny little heart to feel better. 

List of PS4 "Innovations" 

-DVR capibilites. recording 15 minutes of gameplay and uploading them in a touch of a button. (XB1 only offers DVR capaibilites this gen along with PS4, WiiU doesnt)

- Streaming gameplay. streaming is big now, whether people accept it or not. (again, XB1 offers streaming, WiiU doesnt)

- Game Streaming (PS Now). for those who arent interested in the service, let me tell you this, i am not either, however you cant deny that this is something that PS4 offers, and the others dont. even after all those claims of MS with the "powa of da cloud". 

- Virtual Reality. a completely new way of experiencing gaming, and so far, Sony is the only one doing it. whether you like it or not the potential of VR is huge, and PS4 is at the forefront when it comes to VR on consoles.

- Share Play. a wonderful feature that lets any of your friends play a game on your console through the internet. this is a first, new and awesome feature when it comes to sharing games, playing co-op or playing online together. and niether the XB1 or WiiU are doing it.

while WiiU slapped a screen on the controller and Microsoft made kinect for better voice commands apperantly, the PS4 really provided the biggest step when it came to a generations leap. of course, this is all my humble opinion, and i eagerly await for those who will call me biased, but the proof is right there, the PS4 is doing a lot of things the compitition is not. while the compitition offered gimmicks and fads in the shape of a screen on a controller and kinect and tried their best to claim innovation, pretty much in the same manner like bobby kotic calls innovation with call of duty.

BananaKing

da fudge!! my thread has been stolen!!

Legend

Na man I put a source.

Xevross

Agree 100%. Ps4 is the bestest next gen console

Dr. Pezus

Agreed. Innovation isn't about making something new and hoping that it sticks, it's about making something new that does stick.

ethomaz

Banana left us alone again :(

Yeap. In terms of new features PS4 was the console that most delivered in February reveal... most of them was copied by MS after DRM reversal.

BananaKing

Banana left us alone again :(

Yeap. In terms of new features PS4 was the console that most delivered in February reveal... most of them was copied by MS after DRM reversal.

there is no point in making a thread like this here. we are all going to agree since we are all sony fanboys.

ethomaz

there is no point in making a thread like this here. we are all going to agree since we are all sony fanboys.

You hate us... Pezus told me :(

the-pi-guy

I was very tempted to post this.   :D

the-pi-guy

You hate us, Etho told me that Pezus told him.   

Legend

I was very tempted to post this.   :D

Yah

We should even start posting bansna's comments from over there too!

Legend

So all you care about is controversy?

Max King of the Wild

Agreed. Innovation isn't about making something new and hoping that it sticks, it's about making something new that does stick.

I think I read that exact comment somewhere else

darkknightkryta

I don't think people understand just how "innovative" that Share Play feature truly is.  Though I have no idea why people are comparing game sharing (Which the PS3 had way before Microsoft announced their family plan) with it.

Legend

I don't think people understand just how "innovative" that Share Play feature truly is.  Though I have no idea why people are comparing game sharing (Which the PS3 had way before Microsoft announced their family plan) with it.

They compare them because they don't understand what makes share play innovative.

It's not that you can play your friend's games, but how you play your friend's games.