What's your favorite boss battle?

Started by Legend, Aug 15, 2014, 07:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Mine is the end boss in knack. Seriously it was awesome. Hbu?

ethomaz

GoW III - Poseidon.

Xevross

The one against youngster Joey. His Rattata is in the top % of all Rattatas.

But srsly Dragon Age 2 fighting the dragon thing was fun

darkknightkryta

It's a toss up between fighting Nevan and the Fury.

u4gReservoirDogs

GoW III - Poseidon.

One of the best, but I still prefer Sephiroth (FFVII) even though he was even more of a badass in Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

ethomaz

One of the best, but I still prefer Sephiroth (FFVII) even though he was even more of a badass in Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

Sephiroth is main character in FFVII :P that is why he is badass.

Talking about FFs I guess the Joker of FF is the best boss in terms of story and actions:

Dr. Pezus

I hate boss battles

BananaKing

the bomb dude at the end of the first level in super mario 64 deserves a mention. its easy, its not all that. but what it meant to me at the time is something really special.

but the best is probably posidon from GoW. ethomaz nailed it.

NeverDies

All of the bosses in Shadow of the Collossus. They we're just so memorable. I still have a poster of one of them hanging in my room after all this time. And I loved one of their marketing slogans,  "Some mountains are scaled, others are slain. "
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Dr. Pezus

All of the bosses in Shadow of the Collossus. They we're just so memorable. I still have a poster of one of them hanging in my room after all this time. And I loved one of their marketing slogans,  "Some mountains are scaled, others are slain. "

Second that.

Legend

That's part of the reason why I loved Knack's boss so much. This little guy against a huge monster.

NeverDies

My problem with the final boss in Knack was how stupidly difficult it was. The avoidance mechanics in the game were ridiculously clunky, so instead of Dark Souls style "dodge now!" You instead got to awkwardly flop out of attacks, only to die because you got clipped on your arm.  Instead of feeling pride and accomplishment when you beat a boss, you would instead go "guuuugh thank God that that's finally over". So despite the boss design being really cool,  they just weren't fun to fight.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Dr. Pezus

Am I the only one around hurr that hasn't played Knack?

Legend

Am I the only one around hurr that hasn't played Knack?

No. Pi doesn't even have a ps4.

the-pi-guy

No. Pi doesn't even have a ps4.

Thanks for throwing that in my face.  :(