Our Forum is 1 year old!

Started by Legend, May 02, 2015, 05:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Holly fuzzballs!

On May 1st, 2014, I downloaded the forum software and got everything set up. Then on the second day, I sent an invite to a few users via PM on vgchertz for them to come beta test. Only a few days later we opened to the public.

This has been a wild year for me. I mean it feels like just yesterday that we celebrated VizionEck LLC's 1 year anniversary. All of you have just been incredible and I truly love every interaction we've shared.

To celebrate, I'd like to look forward to the future. VizionEck Forum 2.0 is not finished but in the coming days I will be doing serious work on getting it ready. 2.0 brings a myriad of features but it's primarily focused on being easy to use. Mobile friendly, rich text editor(you don't need to mess around typing code anymore), automatic saving of posts as you write, personal assistants, etc. I will also be redoing the front page for VizionEck.com so that it meshes with the forum design and brings more people this direction.

At 100k posts I'll do the usual stat update, but here's an additional one for this special occasion.

Total Posts: 90,355

Total Members: 80

Total Members including spambots: 2,570

Total Forum page views: 2,299,692

Total Topics: 1,934

Days since launch: 365

Total unique human visitors: 46,562

Total page views: 9,253,796

Total page views including spambots: 10,689,620

Total hits: 14,530,159

Total hits including spambots: 16,071,390

Total bandwidth: 64.23 GB

Total bandwidth including spambots: 98.94 GB

OH AND PARTY!!!

This week has DOUBLE credits earned for posting, cause why not. (Please remind me to revert this in a week)

BasilZero

Dr. Pezus

Congrats!

What's the difference between a hit and a page view again?

Legend

Congrats!

What's the difference between a hit and a page view again?

A hit is someone requesting anything from the page, while a page view is someone specifically requesting a full page. An image from here being displayed on another site would be a hit.

Xevross

Wow, I can't believe that was a year ago now :o

Mmm_fish_tacos

Happy birthday! 

DD_Bwest

yaywe did it!!!!  its been a year :P

Legend

Week is over. Credits are now earned at regular rates.

Dr. Pezus