SONY DEVELOPING A FEMALE DRIVEN JUMP STREET FILM + CROSS MEN IN BLACK CROSSOVER

Started by Legend, Apr 30, 2015, 01:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/29/sony-developing-a-female-driven-jump-street-film-plus-a-men-in-black-crossover

Sony Pictures is developing not one but two Jump Street films: a female-driven spin-off, and a Men in Black crossover for what is essentially 23 Jump Street.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Max King of the Wild

Apr 30, 2015, 03:55 PM Last Edit: Apr 30, 2015, 04:03 PM by Max King of the Wild
Is it a cross over or is it making fun of a concept and a unnamed secret organization will enlist the help but not necessarily the same one? Because cross over makes no sense. MIB had comedic relief provided by will Smith but it wasn't a comedy like jump street is. So either you ruin the comedic formula for jump street and make it more serious or deconstruct the MIB movies and kinda make it a big joke. Which, I find harmful to the franchise unless they plan to never revisit it again

darkknightkryta

Is it a cross over or is it making fun of a concept and a unnamed secret organization will enlist the help but not necessarily the same one? Because cross over makes no sense. MIB had comedic relief provided by will Smith but it wasn't a comedy like jump street is. So either you ruin the comedic formula for jump street and make it more serious or deconstruct the MIB movies and kinda make it a big joke. Which, I find harmful to the franchise unless they plan to never revisit it again

Who knows, maybe the won't?

Legend

Probably they just enroll the two jump street guys in mib school.

Max King of the Wild

Probably they just enroll the two jump street guys in mib school.
There is no MIB school. They just recruit. Even if there was, it'd be stupid concept. You're telling me that a super secret organization would recruit two morons to investigate their organization? They can't do it themselves with their resources?