VizionEck Hype Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Legend, Nov 24, 2014, 04:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

The writing system just keeps on changing!

Back in September, it looked like this:

Then in Dec. I lost the files and rebuilt it as this:

Well in January as I was going through finalizing the language and adding tons of words, I made a huge change to the writing system. Writing on paper with this new design was a piece of cake and it worked so much better than the previous ones. However it proved quite a challenge to translate the writing system to computers and in game. I ended up making my own writing application, similar to notepad, from the ground up. Worked on the program here and there as a break from main game development.

Just a few minutes ago I got it up and running for the first time, so I wanted to share what the new writing system looks like.

I'm super proud with how it turned out. It looks similar to a logogram such as Chinese or Egyptian hieroglyphics, doesn't it? Looks can be deceiving though.

The major advantage of this new script is in information density and clarity. Despite VizionEck being a videogame, I love doing everything I can to make the world around it believable and realistic. A proficient speaker could easily read this text from great distances. Plus in my opinion this writing looks much better. To find out exactly how the language works, you'll have to wait for the game's release!

Also I plan to integrate this typing program into the forum. Once the game releases, it'd be super nice to have the ability to quickly write up theories and what not.

Legend

Mar 21, 2015, 05:47 AM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2015, 07:49 PM by Legend
Have any of you played Myst? VizionEck's campaign is a lot like that.

Dr. Pezus

No but I know what it's like

Legend

No but I know what it's like

Well that's kinda like VizionEck's S.O.S. mode.

Super hard with tons to think about.

FLGibsonIII

Coincidentally it's on PSN's flash sale.
All aboard the hype train.

Proxy-Pie

The main page reminds of Castle Bleck from Super Paper Mario :P

darkknightkryta

So it's turning into a point and click game?

Legend

So it's turning into a point and click game?

No just a point game. Clicking is so outdated.

darkknightkryta

No just a point game. Clicking is so outdated.

O_O

Xbro

3 people like this

Legend

Any ETA Legend?

Well 2015 of course!

I've switched to a "it's done when it's done" stance though. The rewards of making a better game are just so much greater than the rewards of releasing on time. Following E3 I should be ready to re-show the title though. Things are moving smoothly in this final stretch.

Legend

Holly fudge!

I just realised the wiki front page has over 6,000 views. That's still pretty poor with all things considered, but I was thinking the wiki was practically unvisited. Guess I do need to port it over to 2.0. And give it a huge cleanup.

Go Up