Sony is serious about supporting Vita. Every early adopter gets $50!

Started by Legend, Apr 01, 2015, 06:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Following a public comment period, the Federal Trade Commission has approved two final orders settling charges that Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (Sony) and its advertising agency at the time falsely advertised certain capabilities of the company's PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) handheld gaming console introduced for sale in 2012.

According to the FTC's complaints, announced jointly in November 2014, Sony deceived consumers with false advertising claims about several "game changing" technological features of the PS Vita in late 2011 and early 2012. The Commission alleged that Deutsch LA, Sony's advertising agency for the PS Vita launch, knew or should have known that the advertisements it produced contained misleading claims about the console's capabilities.

The FTC also alleged that Deutsch LA misled consumers by urging its employees to create awareness and excitement about the PS Vita on Twitter, without instructing them to disclose their connection to the advertising agency or its then-client Sony.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2015/03/ftc-approves-final-orders-related-false-advertising-sony-computer

The title is a joke but it's true. If you bought a vita before June 1, 2012 then you get $25 cash or $50 playstation credit.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Dr. Pezus

dang, I was too late.

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

DerNebel

Deutsch LA? Who came up with that stupid name? ;D

Legend

Deutsch LA? Who came up with that stupid name? ;D

Sounds fine to me, but then again I'm no phoneteologist.

Mmm_fish_tacos

How do I claim my 50?

Legend

DerNebel

Sounds fine to me, but then again I'm no phoneteologist.

Sounds weird to me as a german.

Imagine someone made a company called American.inc or something (ok that apparently exists as well)

Legend

Sounds weird to me as a german.

Imagine someone made a company called American.inc or something (ok that apparently exists as well)

Yeah we have so many companies with America in the name. American Airlines, American Furniture Wharehouse, Amarican Eagle, American Express, American Apparel, American Broadcasting Company, Bank of America, etc. Guess the name of Deutch LA was made by an American ;)

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sweet it seems that its 50 psn credit or 25 cash. And it seems I shouldn't need to show proof.

Dr. Pezus