VizionEck Hype Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Legend, Nov 24, 2014, 04:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Nov 24, 2014, 04:04 AM Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:14 AM by Legend

What the (h)Eck is a VizionEck?

VizionEck is a first-person story-focused puzzle-platformer set in an open world. The player is isolated, disoriented, and powerless in the foreign and foreboding environment. No weapons or attacks, just good not so old platforming.

There are also no deaths or restart screens. Outside of bonuses, the game is 100% true to its universe/lore. If it happens in the game, it's because it should be happening. Nothing is written off as "oh that's cause it's a video game. Just go with it."

What about multiplayer?

VizionEck's competitive multiplayer mode is called "Battle." This is not just a version of the campaign played against other people like in most games. Instead, Battle has unique game mechanics and offers a completely different game experience.

Battle is essentially a first person shooter focused on strategy instead of reaction speed.

Can I see it?

Both an initial teaser trailer and a gameplay reveal trailer have been released. You can watch them here and here. These videos offer clues about various features and mechanics. They do not explain the game itself.

This FAQ is designed to do the opposite, and cleary explain VizionEck's core.

General Information

• Release Date: 2015, sooner rather than later.
  • Systems: PS4 lifetime exclusive
  • Number of Online Players: 1-4 campaign co-op, 2-24 Battle.
  • Number of Local Players: 1-4.
  • Campaign Length*: Main Story 8 hours, Main + Extra 20 hours, Completionist=months
  • Number of Battle Levels: 8+
  • Price: $20
  • Peripherals: Move, PlayStation Camera, Vita Remote Play, 3D TV, & Project Morpheus**.
  • Developer: VizionEck
  • DLC: Tons of it, all free
  • Specs***: 7,680 x 4,320 pixels with 8x MSAA @ locked 60fps

*Estimates for "Main Story" and "Main + Extra" based off early play testing without outside help or prior playthroughs. The game is not designed to be 100% without outside help, thus "Completionist" is the time since release that the community as a whole should find all collectables.
**Project Morpheus support will be added post launch.
***Subject to change as game continues optimization.

How about some pictures?

Is Platforming in VizionEck Special?

Yes!

The player only has three platforming abilities: move, jump, and midair jump. Platforming modifiers are where the magic's at.

The player receives a modifier by touching specific walls, ceilings, and floors. All surfaces outlined in a white color act as neutral. Hitting a white outlined floor refills the player's midair jumps but nothing else.

Hitting a green outlined floor bounces the player upwards and refills midair jumps. Touching a green wall propels the player upwards like an elevator. Hitting a green ceiling holds the player up and stops them from falling back down.

Red outlined surfaces all act the same. Touching one empties the jump meter and stops the player from jumping on the ground. Walking on a white or green outlined floor resets this negative effect.

Blue outlined surfaces are invisible, apart from the outlines themselves. Landing on a blue outlined floor does nothing. Hitting a blue outlined wall rotates the entire world causing that wall to become a floor. Blue outlined ceilings are penetrable. The player can simply jump through them.

Platforming works the same in both campaign and Battle.

How does the campaign play?

The goal is left up to the player to discover. It's a thoughtful and mature adventure that avoids hand holding. There is only one ending to the campaign, but there are many different paths to get there.

What campaign modes are there?

Story-Mode and Adventure-Mode.

Story-Mode is the traditional campaign mode designed to be the first playthrough. It's the definitive VizionEck experience as far as story, lore, maturity, and darkness. Everything that happens in this mode fits within the game's universe.

Adventure-Mode is essentially new game plus, except it can also be played without importing a Story-Mode save file. Adventure mode has everything from Story-Mode, plus tons of bonuses such as co-op and custom skins.

How does Battle play?

In Battle mode, each player controls a Ranger. These are remote controlled combat robots.

All Rangers are identical and have four weapons: white, green, red, and blue.

What Battle modes are there?

• Ranger VS Ranger
  • Team Ranger VS Ranger
  • Duel
  • Retrieval

What's the deal with free DLC?

Each player in VizionEck has a personal rank. It goes up every time the player earns Ekims, the in-game currency.

The combined total of every player's rank is the Global Rank. Upon reaching certain milestones, new free content is added to the game for all players. This works just like KickStarter stretch goals running off the in-game currency. The more people that play the game, the more free DLC is released.

Can the in-game currency/Ekims be bought with real world money?

Ekims are balanced and designed to be earned through natural gameplay, but they can also be bought with real world money. Since Ekims are only used for bonuses and do not affect gameplay, this does not create a pay to win environment. Instead it positively affects other players when someone buys Ekims since it increases the Global Rank.

What are Game Skins?

Game skins allow players to completely customize the look and sound of the game. This image shows the standard game skin in the top left, and then several alternatives.

In Battle, there are some restrictions on using game skins. This is to make sure no players have unfair advantages. In campaign, some game skins are also restricted.

Is there a photo mode?

VizionEck has photo mode, as well as gameplay recording and "theater" mode.

Gameplay recording saves a 3D recording of the match, allowing you to view it from any perspective you wish. In addition, you can take control from the recording and play out the rest of the match yourself.

The theater allows live spectating of matches. This is different than twitch streaming, since each spectator can control their own view.

Shinobi-san

DEV DIARIES HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Legend

Legend

Op updated and now pretty solid.

Dr. Pezus

Wow that actually got me really hyped!! Sounds absolutely awesome.

You could really capitalize on and emphasize some unique selling points like the insanely high resolution, how the DLC works (really nice idea!), how the MP is very different from the SP and the different photo/video modes

Legend

Wow that actually got me really hyped!! Sounds absolutely awesome.

You could really capitalize on and emphasize some unique selling points like the insanely high resolution, how the DLC works (really nice idea!), how the MP is very different from the SP and the different photo/video modes

Yeah thanks!

I want to get this OP to be the best it possibly can be. Then once it's finished, I'll use it as a template for re-doing the main website.

Shinobi-san

Read the OP...HYPEEEEE!!! Good job legend. After reading the Platforming description i think i have a better idea as to the puzzle/platforming aspect of the game :)
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Legend

Dec 03, 2014, 10:51 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:30 PM by Legend
Some cool art I made in VizionEck's "art mode"(lol mode needs a better name):

the-pi-guy

How much controller customization is available? 
Also, will every button be used?

Legend

How much controller customization is available? 
Also, will every button be used?

You can literally set it up so that you hold one controller sideways in each hand like this

And control the game like operating a forklift if you wanted.

I've set it up so that just a single file controls the controls for every aspect of the game. It's pretty easy to add options to that, so I'm adding everything I can possibly think of.

You can swap joysticks, set up aiming to be done with voice commands, use the touch pad to flick your character a direction, whatever.

In story mode the sticks control motion and looking while any other button jumps. In adventure mode, the unused buttons can be assigned to special bonuses.

the-pi-guy

What about changing skins? 
If I really like 2 skins, could I set a skin to the press of the button?

Legend

What about changing skins? 
If I really like 2 skins, could I set a skin to the press of the button?

You can, although in that case the switch might not happen instantaneously as it could need a couple seconds to load.

the-pi-guy

You can, although in that case the switch might not happen instantaneously as it could need a couple seconds to load.

Sweet. 

Go Up