General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

We might be getting some rain this weekend! Hurrah!
A couple days ago we got rain and hail. Flooded some places and destroyed a lot of things.

At our house it flooded our laundry room in the basement (no carpet there so super lucky), shredded all the ivy off our house and killed most medium sized plants, gave water damage to our ping pong table that was covered, shattered patio lights leaving glass everywhere, and cracked the window on one of our cars.

Was actually kinda funny because afterwards we were out surveying the yard for damage and our new puppy was just running around experiencing "snow" for the first time since the hail had covered everything.

Dr. Pezus

Apparently it's going to be up to 25 degrees celsius this Sunday for a few hours. Wow.

Dr. Pezus

Sunny day today and Barcelona tomorrow!
Apparently it's going to be up to 25 degrees celsius this Sunday for a few hours. Wow.
It reached like 24 degrees but little sun and it started raining at like 4pm. Not very exciting but the heat was really strange and unusual

Dr. Pezus

I'm on a plane!

Xevross

Aug 05, 2018, 01:51 PM Last Edit: Aug 05, 2018, 02:03 PM by Xevross
I'm having laptop problems. It overheated and shut down (which isn't uncommon when I'm playing a game, it's a shaming cooling system) but now won't switch back on. I press the power button once and then it plays a short beep and shuts down without the screen coming on.

I tried removing the battery and holding the power down for a minute like suggested online but that didn't do anything. Apparently it could be a RAM issue, I remove one of the RAM sticks and instead of beeping it stays on for a bit longer and then shuts down. No idea what's wrong with it but I don't want to have to pay someone to check.

Any of you guys know what's wrong?

Legend

Can you access the recovery screen? Hold down F8 or something similar when trying to turn it on.

Xevross

Can you access the recovery screen? Hold down F8 or something similar when trying to turn it on.
I've tried everything like that, one time it caused it to stay on and do nothing and no matter what I did it wouldn't turn off.

the-pi-guy

I'm having laptop problems. It overheated and shut down (which isn't uncommon when I'm playing a game, it's a shaming cooling system) but now won't switch back on. I press the power button once and then it plays a short beep and shuts down without the screen coming on.

I tried removing the battery and holding the power down for a minute like suggested online but that didn't do anything. Apparently it could be a RAM issue, I remove one of the RAM sticks and instead of beeping it stays on for a bit longer and then shuts down. No idea what's wrong with it but I don't want to have to pay someone to check.

Any of you guys know what's wrong?
I sent this to the proper people, will get back with an answer (hopefully).

Xevross

I sent this to the proper people, will get back with an answer (hopefully).
Who are the proper people? :o

the-pi-guy

Who are the proper people? :o
My brother in law.

Legend

Complex logs are complex.

the-pi-guy

Complex logs are complex.
Complex analysis was a fun class.  
There is also a difference between log(z) and Log(z).
One is a subset of the other, and the other has an infinite set of solutions and the latter has only 1 .

Legend

Complex analysis was a fun class.  
There is also a difference between log(z) and Log(z).
One is a subset of the other, and the other has an infinite set of solutions and the latter has only 1 .

Yeah the infinite solutions is something I figured out myself when I ended up with -2=2!  :P

Using polar form seems to solve my problems.

Xevross

I'm seeing Hamilton in the west end in a few hours, super super excited!

Legend

My new puppy takes so much time. Sorry for not posting much this past month.

Go Up