Star Citizen

Viewing single post

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Image is broken but I think I know why I'm not remembering the dates correctly. European dating throws me off. Which kinda rustles my jimmies because he starts this company in the US, the US is where he has lived for a long time now, and the guy that compiles the schedule lives in LA.... but they still do the dates the European way.

Regardless, I'm not concerned. June 30th was the original estimate and they're saying it could be as early as just one week after that. It really won't make any sense for them to make 3.0 their Gamescom demonstration because they did that at both Gamescom and CitizenCon last year. Showing off the kind of stuff that 3.0 will allow. This patch needs to get out before then and they need to be talking about Squadron 42. I'm pretty confident that they'll drop this patch in July and use August to focus on their Gamescom plans while everyone else keeps working to make sure 3.1 and 3.2 still get out this year. The longer 3.0 takes, the more they risk pushing those patches into next year. Which, at this point, would not be good for their image. This is the year they need to start showing results. Because January will be 5 years under development and the excuses will mean less and less without a number of substantial additions and feature completions.
It was to a webarchive of their scheduale. Guess hotlinks are a no go.

No way would 3.0 be THE gamescom demo. I was more thinking along the lines of how they showed Star Marine footage videos right around its release.

I think releasing S42 and having it be good would be the best for proving RSI's worth. Having a track record as studios would give way more confidence the end product will live up to expectations.