Star Citizen

Viewing single post

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I don't recall them ever saying that all planets would be ready for 3.0 at all. The only thing they ever said (as far as physical locations) was that they were expanding the Stanton system, that planetary landings would come in 3.0, and that they would add additional locations to the system as the major patches rolled out. I think that's a case of you overestimating/misunderstanding what was coming in 3.0 and not a case of them having to make 3.0 smaller in that regard.

Yeah. Mining was teased but there are any number of reasons why it's not being talked about suddenly. This new roadmap could change 100 times in the next few months and we'll never know how many things were scooted around and how many times. Considering the size and scope of the game, not to mention it still has years of development to go, if the absence of mining shocks you, it's probably a good thing you're not privy to more frequent schedule updates. You'd probably have a heart attack and die young.

I'm seeing a lot of stuff in here that wasn't mentioned originally or no statements of commitment were ever made. Without a doubt, things were shuffled around. I can guarantee you there are things coming in 3.0 according to this report that weren't originally intended for it. Just enjoy what's coming. There's a ton of stuff here. It's definitely going to be a transformative moment when this patch drops when you look at what's available right now.
No I'm going off their gamescom presentation.

The new 3.0 has some small new things but outside of ships I don't see what you're thinking they added.

I think the reason mining is missing is because it has hardly anything to do with anything else. It's not a priority to add since not much on the dev side of things is built above it. Probably also the reason why it's seemingly being moved around a lot.

I am enjoying what's coming ya dork  :P