Megaton sales.
Halo 5 was a halo killer  ::)

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Lol, arguably the most effective halo killer there's been

Kerotan

Apparently halo 5 launch was under 1m. Will halo 6 improve on this or drop further?

BananaKing

Apparently halo 5 launch was under 1m. Will halo 6 improve on this or drop further?
No way was it under 1 million.

Legend

I think the only official stat was 5 million in 3 months. Still huge, but nothing like previous games.

the-pi-guy

I am always really surprised by these types of stats:
"First-week global sales of Halo 5 software and hardware totaled more than US$400 million, making it the fastest-selling Xbox One exclusive."

The dollar amounts usually just seem overly high to me.  I know special editions and higher costs in other countries, but it still feels overly high. 

Xevross

"First-week global sales of Halo 5 software and hardware totaled more than US$400 million, making it the fastest-selling Xbox One exclusive."

The dollar amounts usually just seem overly high to me.  I know special editions and higher costs in other countries, but it still feels overly high.  
Pretty sure that one includes all the revenue from bundles.

BananaKing

May 26, 2018, 10:35 AM Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:39 AM by BananaKing

The dollar amounts usually just seem overly high to me.  I know special editions and higher costs in other countries, but it still feels overly high.  
That was with bundled hardware lol

I think the only official stat was 5 million in 3 months. Still huge, but nothing like previous games.
5 million shipped mind you. This is 5 million sold through. And that was in the holidays.

Halo 5 and the Xbox one really did have an affect on halos sales. We will see if this was a decline in just this entry or the series in general has declined rapidly this year with halo 6

Dr. Pezus

That was with bundled hardware lol
5 million shipped mind you. This is 5 million sold through. And that was in the holidays.

Halo 5 and the Xbox one really did have an affect on halos sales. We will see if this was a decline in just this entry or the series in general has declined rapidly this year with halo 6
This year?

BananaKing

This year?
You don't think it will release this year?

Halo 5 was 2015

Kerotan

In the USA it was according to npd leaks. WW sales week 1 were probably under 1.5m. That's a huge drop for the series. Reception wasn't great amongst buyers so I can see halo 6 dropping to a million. But of course Microsoft will only announce total players week 1 that will include sales, gamepass players and a free multilayer weekly trial the week of the launch.

the-pi-guy

Pretty sure that one includes all the revenue from bundles.
That's what I meant by special editions.

Xevross

May 29, 2018, 12:29 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:33 PM by Xevross
PAL Charts - Week 21, 2018 | ResetEra

(​IMG)

(​IMG)United Kingdom:Week 21, 2018 - All Formats (Units) Originally Posted by Chart-Track:
'Detroit: Become Human' becomes the 10th PlayStation exclusive to hit No.1 this year There are three new entries in the Top 3 this week, led by Sony's 'Detroit: Become Human' which is the 10th different PlayStation exclusive title to reach No1 so far this year. Microsoft's new format exclusive 'State of Decay 2' has to settle for a debut at No2, while 'Dark Souls Remastered' enters at No3. The retailer promotion on 'FIFA 18' continues this week - despite slipping 2 places to No4, sales rise by 59%. God of War's five week run at the top is over as it falls to No5, ahead of 'Far Cry 5' at No6 and a heavily price promoted 'Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition' which bounces from No40 to No7, boosted by some retailers dropping it to £15. There is one other new title to make the Top 40 this week: 'Space Hulk Deathwing' debuting at No19.Click to expand...
01 (NE) DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) 02 (NE) STATE OF DECAY 2 (MICROSOFT) 03 (NE) DARK SOULS REMASTERED (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT) 04 (02) FIFA 18 (EA SPORTS) 05 (01) GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) 06 (05) FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT) 07 (40) OVERWATCH: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION (BLIZZARD) 08 (13) DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION) 09 (12) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS) 10 (08) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO) 11 (06) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) 12 (07) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT) 13 (09) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR) 14 (04) DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO) 15 (11) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO) 16 (15) PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (MICROSOFT) 17 (03) HYRULE WARRIORS: DEFINITIVE EDITION (NINTENDO) 18 (16) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO) 19 (NE) SPACE HULK DEATHWING (FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE) 20 (17) ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) 21 (36) THE SIMS 4 (EA GAMES) 22 (19) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO) 23 (10) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION) 24 (20) TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT) 25 (27) BURNOUT PARADISE REMASTERED (EA GAMES) 26 (30) GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) 27 (14) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION) 28 (26) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) 29 (21) WWE 2K18 (2K) 30 (22) LEGO WORLDS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) 31 (24) DOOM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS) 32 (23) SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) 33 (25) NINTENDO LABO TOY-CON 01: VARIETY KIT (NINTENDO) 34 (18) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (EA GAMES) 35 (28) PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) 36 (RE) EA SPORTS UFC 3 (EA SPORTS) 37 (32) 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO) 38 (29) JUST DANCE 2018 (UBISOFT) 39 (RE) NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK (EA GAMES) 40 (RE) MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD (CAPCOM)
Detroit #1 but sold only a quarter of what heavy rain managed at launch (physical). Ouch. Means roughly 22k sales.

State of Decay only 4000 behind at #2.

God of War increased by 5%.

Go Up