Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

You can't think of any more negatives, even nitpicky ones?

Cute Pikachu

Well one of my main gripes is the enemy variety is sparse. Still love the game though
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

BasilZero

Jul 23, 2017, 08:49 PM Last Edit: Jul 23, 2017, 08:51 PM by BasilZero
Gamepad is the only nitpicky one I can think of.

I guess you can say the lack of fully sized dungeons compared to previous games? But I was too lost and amazed at everything else in the world to even think about it lol

The framerate dips is the major one that I noticed although it didnt really ruin the experience for me , it was still very noticeable.

nnodley

I seriously find it being such a large open world a negative to be honest.  It's so bland most of the time traveling and coming on the same enemies over and over doesn't help.  I just don't feel compelled to explore.  Shrines don't have quite as much variety as there needs to be, which I think comes down to there being so many.  Some are quite awesome though.  But hey opinions and all.  Its not even a 9/10 for me.  More like 8 to 8.5

Legend

I hated the house building quest. It started off so cool but the ending was so disappointing. I wanted so badly to have house RPG elements and I was enjoying the story so I b lined into the bird city just to get the helper and teleported back.

Instead it just feels like any other town in the game once you've finished it.

BasilZero

I hated the house building quest. It started off so cool but the ending was so disappointing. I wanted so badly to have house RPG elements and I was enjoying the story so I b lined into the bird city just to get the helper and teleported back.

Instead it just feels like any other town in the game once you've finished it.
You mean the Tarrey town quest alongside the house building quest?

Yeah, the house building quest was okay but didnt offer as much as something like Harvest moon.

Even the custom town you build isnt that custom, especially compared to games like breath of fire II where you can design your own town choosing what style and what NPCs to visit but its just a little side quest and didnt really look into it that much, helped me get a lot of bomb arrows though xD.

It was like the last thing I did right before I went and fought Ganon.

Legend

You mean the Tarrey town quest alongside the house building quest?

Yeah, the house building quest was okay but didnt offer as much as something like Harvest moon.

Even the custom town you build isnt that custom, especially compared to games like breath of fire II where you can design your own town choosing what style and what NPCs to visit but its just a little side quest and didnt really look into it that much, helped me get a lot of bomb arrows though xD.

It was like the last thing I did right before I went and fought Ganon.
Yeah Tarrey town. I loved getting the first house and I was really hoping there could be more too it.

darkknightkryta

I seriously find it being such a large open world a negative to be honest.  It's so bland most of the time traveling and coming on the same enemies over and over doesn't help.  I just don't feel compelled to explore.  Shrines don't have quite as much variety as there needs to be, which I think comes down to there being so many.  Some are quite awesome though.  But hey opinions and all.  Its not even a 9/10 for me.  More like 8 to 8.5
I haven't played it yet, but I had this issue with Horizon.  I think they need to figure out a better way to do open world games.

Legend

I haven't played it yet, but I had this issue with Horizon.  I think they need to figure out a better way to do open world games.
Do it like MGSV!

Put less emphasis on finding hidden secrets and treat zones like individual levels.

darkknightkryta

Do it like MGSV!

Put less emphasis on finding hidden secrets and treat zones like individual levels.
MGS was worse!  I have to say I spent more time retaking the same dang base in that game than playing through all of MGS 3.  There's hundreds of bases in that game!  I understand putting enemies back in a base for story missions, but once you take them over they should be empty.

BasilZero

Yeah Tarrey town. I loved getting the first house and I was really hoping there could be more too it.
Hopefully they make the next 3D Zelda like breath of the wild but with improvements and more extended versions of aspects introduced like Tarrey Town.

Legend

MGS was worse!  I have to say I spent more time retaking the same dang base in that game than playing through all of MGS 3.  There's hundreds of bases in that game!  I understand putting enemies back in a base for story missions, but once you take them over they should be empty.
No! The enemies are replaced with new soldiers just like what would happen in real life. They'll even get new equipment to deal with your strategies from previous fights.

Hopefully they make the next 3D Zelda like breath of the wild but with improvements and more extended versions of aspects introduced like Tarrey Town.
Yes I want more RPG!

darkknightkryta

No! The enemies are replaced with new soldiers just like what would happen in real life. They'll even get new equipment to deal with your strategies from previous fights.
Yes I want more RPG!
No. In real life people put soldiers defending the new base to make sure the old owners of the base don't come back.

Legend

No. In real life people put soldiers defending the new base to make sure the old owners of the base don't come back.
Oh like Snake would put his people there? To me it never felt like that was the objective.

the-pi-guy

I would imagine it would depend on cost vs value, realistically.

Go Up