Money can't buy happiness - Notch

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Aug 30, 2015, 12:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

He just tweeted some worrying stuff

Markus Persson ‏@notch 26 Min.Vor 26 Minuten

The problem with getting everything is you run out of reasons to keep trying, and human interaction becomes impossible due to imbalance.
Markus Persson ‏@notch 24 Min.Vor 24 Minuten

Hanging out in ibiza with a bunch of friends and partying with famous people, able to do whatever I want, and I've never felt more isolated.
Markus Persson ‏@notch 23 Min.Vor 23 Minuten

In sweden, I will sit around and wait for my friends with jobs and families to have time to do shame, watching my reflection in the monitor.
Markus Persson ‏@notch 22 Min.Vor 22 Minuten

When we sold the company, the biggest effort went into making sure the employees got taken care of, and they all hate me now.
Markus Persson ‏@notch 21 Min.Vor 21 Minuten

Found a great girl, but she's afraid of me and my life style and went with a normal person instead.
Markus Persson ‏@notch 16 Min.Vor 16 Minuten

I would Musk and try to save the world, but that just exposes me to the same type of assholes that made me sell minecraft again.
Markus Persson @notch

People who made sudden success are telling me this is normal and will pass. That's good to know! I guess I'll take a shower then!
That one here was a talk with a former co worker:

Markus Persson @notch

@pgeuder like three people thanked me for the two million kronor after tax bonus i gave from my own private money. Others said I was cheap.
Patrick (パトリック) @pgeuder

@notch That seem way too few of us to me. I mostly hated you for leaving, but that was only during the shock, you know that <3
Markus Persson
@notch

@pgeuder i do not know that, nobody reached out and said it was just initial shock. So fudge all of you. fudge you so hard.
---

DD_Bwest

But lack of money can sure make you pretty misreable :P

Mmm_fish_tacos

But lack of money can sure make you pretty misreable :P
Seems like too much money has the same effect. Just give me 1 percent of what he has and I'll be the happiest person you'll ever know.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

but seriously i agree. i have too much money and i'm no where near as rich as him. 

Legend

Yeah it'd be hard to be that rich if you didn't have any expensive dreams.
but seriously i agree. i have too much money and i'm no where near as rich as him.
Have you bought a car with doors that open upwards? That's something rich people buy.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah it'd be hard to be that rich if you didn't have any expensive dreams.Have you bought a car with doors that open upwards? That's something rich people buy.
No those are billionaire doors. He already said he doesn't have as much a notch, so he can't afford those doors.

Max King of the Wild

This guy sounds like a dumb fudge. He straight up sold out, made billions and expects people that merely worked for him to say thanks for something that should pretty much be expected

Max King of the Wild

Aug 30, 2015, 04:54 AM Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015, 05:00 AM by Max King of the Wild
And complaining about a girl? Holy shame. Move on to the next playboy playmate. Eventually, probably sooner than later, you'll find a girl as equally cool.

And the dog holes who "made" him sell Minecraft was really just one. Benjamin Franklin x 25,000,000

Dr. Pezus

kitler53

Yeah it'd be hard to be that rich if you didn't have any expensive dreams.Have you bought a car with doors that open upwards? That's something rich people buy.
no, i hate cars.  as a luxuray item i'd much sooner buy a boat.  but something like that doesn't actually make a person happier.  people were born to be discontent with things but when you no longer have something to blame your discontent on it is a strange place to be.  i was much happier right after my parents kicked me out and i was living below the poverty line but i had dreams of what i was going to do with my life. 

Max King of the Wild

Everyone on n4g is ripping into him.

no, i hate cars.  as a luxuray item i'd much sooner buy a boat.  but something like that doesn't actually make a person happier.  people were born to be discontent with things but when you no longer have something to blame your discontent on it is a strange place to be.  i was much happier right after my parents kicked me out and i was living below the poverty line but i had dreams of what i was going to do with my life.
Sure it can

Legend

No those are billionaire doors. He already said he doesn't have as much a notch, so he can't afford those doors.
Guess kitler spends his days doing this

That's a very insightful answer.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Guess kitler spends his days doing this
That's a very insightful answer.
I guess someone got the reference.

Legend

I guess someone got the reference.
Well that was what I was referencing in the first place, so I'd hope I got it haha.