Money can't buy happiness - Notch

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Aug 30, 2015, 12:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Well that was what I was referencing in the first place, so I'd hope I got it haha.
i did not get the reference. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i did not get the reference.
Silicone Valley on HBO. The show has a former billionaire who complains his car doors don't open vertically.

However I did legitly like your answer.

kitler53

Silicone Valley on HBO. The show has a former billionaire who complains his car doors don't open vertically.

However I did legitly like your answer.
oh, i've heard good things but haven't yet watched.  i can't really watch until i get a second ps4 this holiday because hbo on ps3 is too buggy.  

and in regards to my answer,.  as my life has gotten "better" i can more clearly see that what really makes a person happy is purpose.   ...well, after the most basic needs life food and water are met.  some money is certainly needed to be able to find happiness but anyone with a computer and internet subscription has enough already.  if you post here that your life sucks because you're poor i think you'll find no amount of money will ever make you happy. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

oh, i've heard good things but haven't yet watched.  i can't really watch until i get a second ps4 this holiday because hbo on ps3 is too buggy.  

and in regards to my answer,.  as my life has gotten "better" i can more clearly see that what really makes a person happy is purpose.   ...well, after the most basic needs life food and water are met.  some money is certainly needed to be able to find happiness but anyone with a computer and internet subscription has enough already.  if you post here that your life sucks because you're poor i think you'll find no amount of money will ever make you happy.
I dunno, I make enough to be able to get just about everything I wan't ( with some time) and need. But I don't feel I make enough. I'd have to double my pay but even then it might not be enough. I happy enough I guess. Even if i'm having a rough time right now.

7H3

happiness is a choice
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

happiness is a choice
If only it was that simple

7H3

it is that simple, but takes discipline and people tend to make it harder than it really is in all reality. Letting go feels difficult but is an insanely simple thing to do.

Max King of the Wild

Sometimes it really is that simple. I think notch is showing that now.

Dr. Pezus

it is that simple, but takes discipline and people tend to make it harder than it really is in all reality. Letting go feels difficult but is an insanely simple thing to do.
Now explain depression or try saying that to someone who is depressed.

7H3

Now explain depression or try saying that to someone who is depressed.
My point remains valid. It does require going beyond a simple choice, and for those with chemical imbalances it does become a bigger struggle. The key is acting upon the choice you make. Focussing on depressing thoughts is a choice, and a chemical imbalance will make you more prone to this vicious cycle. I think there is still a lot unknown in regards to how the human mind works. While medications and counseling can help it is still up to the individual to choose how they will walk out their struggle.

ethomaz

I really wanted to have these "money" issues to resolve instead to a table of bills every month :P

Dr. Pezus

Well my issue now is that they take 50 percent off my wages every month (taxes mostly).

Still was in the 95th or higher percentage in Iceland this summer probably but that's because I worked my dog off

Legend

1. Making comparisons can spoil your happiness.
2. A lot of people think happiness means being richer or more important.
3. Many people only see happiness in their future.
4. Happiness could be the freedom to love more than one woman at the same time.
5. Sometimes happiness is not knowing the whole story.
6. Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.
7. Does this person bring you predominantly a. up b. down?
8. Happiness is answering your calling.
9. Happiness is being loved for who you are.
10. Sweet Potato Stew!
11. Fear is an impediment to happiness.
12. Happiness is feeling completely alive.
13. Happiness is knowing how to celebrate.
14. Listening is loving.
15. Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

7H3

Forgiveness and Gratitude are keys that unlock happiness

Go Up