Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Xevross

I know it doesn't make the big bucks, but quality wise its up with gotg. Not low teir stuff like thor.
Yeah but I'm talking scale, spectacle and significance. It's the lowest in that measure very easily, that's the big difference maker in terms of box office.

Xevross

Ant man had a great Tuesday with a 42% jump, finally a good day! Incredibles had ana aazing 50% jump on Tuesday though. Not sure why boosts were so big, but cool!

Legend

nnodley

Finally watched Get Out.  I liked the ideas it presented in the movie, but I can't say it was my favorite movie.  Some good twists that I kind of expected, but had a couple variations of them in my head most of the time.

Also watched The Invitation.  Super slow burn movie with a decent ending.

Now trying Radius. Man gets in a crash and then everything in a certain radius of him starts dying.  Just started so we will see if it's good.  it has a high 91% on rotten tomatoes

Legend

Finally watched Get Out.  I liked the ideas it presented in the movie, but I can't say it was my favorite movie.  Some good twists that I kind of expected, but had a couple variations of them in my head most of the time.
Woohoo maybe my thoughts on the movie weren't wrong!!!

Yeah it's not a bad movie. I just don't consider it that great either.

Haven't seen those other two movies.

Dr. Pezus

Mission impossible just keeps getting better apparently!

Legend

Mission impossible just keeps getting better apparently!
New one looks great.

Getting good reviews?

Dr. Pezus

New one looks great.

Getting good reviews?
Yup many say it's the best one and even one of the all time action movie greats

Xevross

New one looks great.

Getting good reviews?
Yeah what Pez said, its got 93% on RT. I'm so hyped, the last one is probably my favourite spy/ agent film ever.

nnodley

Woohoo maybe my thoughts on the movie weren't wrong!!!

Yeah it's not a bad movie. I just don't consider it that great either.

Haven't seen those other two movies.
Yeah I probably wouldn't put it in my top 30, but maybe top 50.   I watched the alternate ending to it too.  Definitely good they went with the ending they put in theaters.

I would recommend The Invitation only for the last 10 to 15 minutes and the final shot of the movie, but up until that it just took too long to where it was heading.  

Radius was good and had a pretty good twist at the end I didn't see coming.  Was also a slow burn movie

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I probably wouldn't put it in my top 30, but maybe top 50.   I watched the alternate ending to it too.  Definitely good they went with the ending they put in theaters.

I would recommend The Invitation only for the last 10 to 15 minutes and the final shot of the movie, but up until that it just took too long to where it was heading.  

Radius was good and had a pretty good twist at the end I didn't see coming.  Was also a slow burn movie
Well top 50 is very good!
I really liked it but probably wouldn't make top 100 for me lol

Xevross

Well top 50 is very good!
I really liked it but probably wouldn't make top 100 for me lol
Depends how many films you've watched I guess.

I can barely remember all of mine, making a list would be impossibly difficult

the-pi-guy

I've only seen 51 movies, it's easy to make a list.  

Nah, I've seen a few hundred at least.

Dr. Pezus

Well me and my friends used to spend almost entire summers watching movies back in the day. A few days per week that is where we watched 1 or 2 at a time. We mostly watched movies from imdb's top 250 list lulz

Legend

I've only seen 51 movies, it's easy to make a list.  

Nah, I've seen a few hundred at least.
My family owns a few hundred.  :P

I spend way more time watching films than playing games. I'm very much a film person  :P

Also I watched the 3rd Maze Runner. It's a well made movie with a horrible plot. Star Wars was great with the Rebels because they were fighting for political reasons. All these teen doomsday movies are horrible with rebels since they're fighting with teen angst, often leaving a trail of destruction behind them and dooming humanity.

Go Up