God of War |OT| Now on PC

Started by Xevross, Apr 11, 2018, 05:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Someone on Chertz was saying that Qt3 was getting ready to publish their review.  
I asked them why.
They ignored me, and made comments about how it was going to be a 6/10.  
Asked them if what comments they've made.  

Let's see if I get a response...  

"He mentioned he wasn't even aware of its existence but now he sees that it has a pretty good meta. Just felt way too cryptic given the way he has trolled high meta Sony exclusives in the past."

Dr. Pezus

Someone on Chertz was saying that Qt3 was getting ready to publish their review.  
I asked them why.
They ignored me, and made comments about how it was going to be a 6/10.  
Asked them if what comments they've made.  

Let's see if I get a response...  

"He mentioned he wasn't even aware of its existence but now he sees that it has a pretty good meta. Just felt way too cryptic given the way he has trolled high meta Sony exclusives in the past."
Wishful thinking

God of War Review Thread | Page 331 | ResetEra

Xevross

9.5/10 from Gamecrate. Will go on meta.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The ending to God of War has left me with the biggest, dumbest smile on my face. What a journey. What a game.</p>&mdash; Alessandro Barbosa (@CaptionBarbosa) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaptionBarbosa/status/986323073950511104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 17, 2018</a></blockquote><script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is the impression from the Critical Hit reviewer. I guess this sounds like a high score!

the-pi-guy

Quarter to Three didn't review Horizon until about 3 months after release....  

Xevross

Quarter to Three didn't review Horizon until about 3 months after release....  
Who ever cares at that point!

Legend

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Kerotan

Can you link to the all time list on metacritic? Maybe put it in the OP too

Xevross

Xevross

Famitsu gave it (10/9/10/9) = 38/40, that should help Japanese sales.

10/10 from Gameplanet, will be added to meta later.

IGN's video review passed 2 million views, that's insane!

Xevross

10/10 from Critical Hit! Will also be added to meta!

Might jump ahead of TLOU if just those two 10s are added together.

Dr. Pezus

10/10 from Critical Hit! Will also be added to meta!

Might jump ahead of TLOU if just those two 10s are added together.
Jeez it just keeps getting better

Xevross

Jeez it just keeps getting better
Its crazy how much better the second half of reviews have been than the first.

From 13/48 perfect scores (27%) when meta first went up, which gave a high 93 metascore. The next 44 reviews will have had 19 perfect scores (43%), for an overall 32/92 so far (35%). 27% to 43% is a massive increase, normally that would be a decrease for most games.

Still, Breath of the Wild's 64% perfect scores is a real standout. That is just incredible.

Xevross

The last 10 reviews (since it was on the border of 94/95, and including the two yet to be added) are 7 100s, a 95, 92 and 90. That gives a very high 97.7 average. Even so, if you assume equal weighting it only takes one 70 to bring that down to pretty much 95. 68 would make the average 95 exactly. Alternatively, even just two scores of 80 will bring it back down too. I'll be shocked if it does manage to hold.

Go Up