PSN maintenance Postponed.

Started by DD_Bwest, Aug 25, 2014, 07:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

DD_Bwest

Mmm_fish_tacos

Hmm... Wonder what they'll do to make harder to ddos. Seems like their network is.much improved from last time. Still has a bit to go.

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

Hmm... Wonder what they'll do to make harder to ddos. Seems like their network is.much improved from last time. Still has a bit to go.

There are two ways to avoid DDOS.

1. Block it before it reach the servers... that can be made by the IPS or even some firewall... the problem is create something that identify DDOS (most requests are like common requests).

2. Increase the numbers of servers to reach a level that even with a lot of DDOS they will process.

kitler53

There are two ways to avoid DDOS.

1. Block it before it reach the servers... that can be made by the IPS or even some firewall... the problem is create something that identify DDOS (most requests are like common requests).

2. Increase the numbers of servers to reach a level that even with a lot of DDOS they will process.

with sony's newfound (playstation) wealth and success i think it would be appropriate to increase the number of servers.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

Just double down on.servers seems to be the best way. As it only took down ps4 servers and not Ps3 or vita.

Raven

Yeah I'd say increasing your total number of servers is the best way to deal with that in the future. Even if only a 20% increase that should still be enough to process an amount of requests similar in size to the recent attack and still allow people to use the network legitimately. I still think it's pretty sad that people are trying to compare this to the PSN hacking that happened years ago. Not even on the same level in both intent and damage done. Not to mention this is something that can temporarily cripple any network with a concentrated effort and enough people doing it.

Legend