What do you do for a living/career?

Started by Shinobi-san, Aug 19, 2014, 06:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

NeverDies

I'm currently unemployed :(

I am thinking about trying to get a job at a Panda Express that's nearby. Anyone have any experience working for then?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Raven

nnodley

I am thinking about trying to get a job at a Panda Express that's nearby. Anyone have any experience working for then?

OHHH I love Panda Express!!!!  Never worked for them, but the one I always go to seems to be clean, orderly, and a decent place to work at.  Though I won't ever get a job at fast food, but that's just me though.

ethomaz

Aug 20, 2014, 04:35 PM Last Edit: Aug 20, 2014, 09:34 PM by ethomaz
I'm a technical business and archtecture consultant in TI.

Certified in Oracle Siebel CRM but I give support to others technologies too like ODI, Bash/Shell, AIX and COBOL/Mainframe.

I most fix people mistakes for big companies like big mistakes that generate a lot of loss in money.

Well I'm a peon premium that IBM uses to sell a specialized services for trouble clients... IBM ask a hell of money and after that they fudge me saying you need to fix that "pra ontem" :D

The good part I'm well paid and have a lot of free pass like just go to work when I want, don't need to show receipts for expenses, etc... it is a nice deal... just when have some big issue I need to fix non-stop without sleep... that happens few times per month (to be fair there are month I don't receive any call :D ).

Mmm_fish_tacos

I build jets, wings to be exact and if you want to boil it even farther flight systems. I work for the world's largest airplane manufacturer. I really don't want to.say much more out in the open as it could get me fired. But this much should be okay.

darkknightkryta

Certified teacher who works at a grocery store?

That is exactly correct.  Word of advice Pi, try to get some kind of project management certification as you get your comp sci degree. 

Legend

I mean I'd love the free food you'd get me,

but na man. Come work for VizionEck.

mustacheman

I'm a Maths student, who dabbles in coding on the side.

BananaKing

I'm a Maths student, who dabbles in coding on the side.

your telling me you dont grow mustaches for a living?

my whole life is a lie.

mustacheman

your telling me you dont grow mustaches for a living?

my whole life is a lie.

That's definitely the fall-back career. Maths is still the key right now!

Shinobi-san

I'm a technical business and archtecture consultant in TI.

Certified in Oracle Siebel CRM but I give support to others technologies too like ODI, Bash/Shell, AIX and COBOL/Mainframe.

I most fix people mistakes for big companies like big mistakes that generate a lot of loss in money.

Well I'm a peon premium that IBM uses to sell a specialized services for trouble clients... IBM ask a heck of money and after that they fudge me saying you need to fix that "pra ontem" :D

The good part I'm well paid and have a lot of free pass like just go to work when I want, don't need to show receipts for expenses, etc... it is a nice deal... just when have some big issue I need to fix non-stop without sleep... that happens few years per month (to be fair there are months I don't any call :D).

Seems like me and you are fairly similar Ethomaz :)
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Shinobi-san

So many devs or rather soon to be devs :)

My only advice to anyone working in the industry is to do shame on your own, keep learning/growing and keep pushing yourself to be better.

Also dont be afraid of change!
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

ethomaz

Seems like me and you are fairly similar Ethomaz :)

Yeap :D my clients use the Oracle BI Publisher but I don't support it myself... another guy in my team works with it.

BI is an area I always wanted to work but I never had a chance :D

Silverf0x

I currently work at a fast food restaurant.

It's good that I can hold on to this simple job, since my fellow Aspies often struggle in the workplace.
The only thing to fear is fear incarnated as a Japanese schoolgirl.

Dr. Pezus

Yes, that is great. How do you like it?

Go Up