March Progress Report

Started by Legend, Mar 01, 2024, 06:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

RobotVideosTodayPotential
Tesla Optimus

I love the hardware. It's so incredibly good looking compared to their previous prototypes. Great hands.

Software is pretty solid but they need to start posting more impressive demos.
#1 robot. Tesla has the best mass production experience, the best vertical integration opportunity, and has a lot of AI potential.
Boston Dynamics
Really awesome looking demos but Atlas is custom built just for demos. Really expensive, short battery life, and scripted.

Spot is a good robot dog.
Very likely they'll be shut down just like Asimo. They've made incredible robots but I doubt they'll be able to adapt to AI driven commercial robots.
1X

Pretty lame robot, just looks kinda stupid. They also have a new robot with actual legs and hands but it hasn't been shown.

Software is lame. Nothing in this video looks impressive, even if the way it was made is impressive.
Might be the company that has the breakthrough with AI software. They're partially funded by OpenAI. Don't know if they have the right approach though.

Also doesn't really matter. Others will be able to replicate software once the right approach is found.
Agility

Simple robot. No hands or grips, just pads. Very clean though.

Focused on mass production and working with Amazon.

These demos feel kinda useless.
#2, just behind Optimus. I think Digit will find its position in the market as a cheaper alternative unless Tesla can undercut them on price.
Figure

Reminds me of Tesla's old prototype.Has money, has potential, but nothing stands out.
SanctuaryNo legs yet. Has really great fingers but it's bulky.Impressive demo that is better than anyone else has shown. Can they package the robot into a clean form factor, mass produce, and extend their software to full body tasks?

There are others but I don't really care about them.

Legend

Chinese robots are harder to follow but here's a cool demo that just dropped.

Legend

Wow is this kinda stupid. I thought they'd be, you know, working. Instead it's just the robots on a static loop moving empty tubs back and forth.

They even make mistake from time to time and a human fixes them. Battery life seems to be about an hour which isn't too bad.