God of War UK Sales - Best Opening for Series But Only Half of Uncharted 4

Started by Xevross, Apr 22, 2018, 06:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Apr 23, 2018, 10:13 AM Last Edit: Apr 23, 2018, 10:15 AM by Xevross
Bit of an update, ZhugeX says 88k was slightly under the actual sales, and it turns out the game outsold MHW first week, so second biggest launch of the year so far.

Probably closer to 100k sales then. Slight improvement!

Lets say this points to GoW outperforming MHW overall in the west. That would mean approx. 3m shipped + digital first week (as MHW was 5m with 2m Japan sales). Seems about right.

Kerotan

I think God of war sales will trounce mhw first week in the USA.

Anyway in the UK its about 35k higher then god of war 3 but there must be at least 30k in digital sales so its definitely big growth for the series.

Xevross

I think God of war sales will trounce mhw first week in the USA.

Anyway in the UK its about 35k higher then god of war 3 but there must be at least 30k in digital sales so its definitely big growth for the series.
If that does happen then 3m sell through first week is definitely possible.

Yeah digital is 30%+ nowadays, and maybe more for this due to amazon issues. Almost 100k physical sales means probably around 140k in total with digital. Which is more than double GoW3. Truly great increase.

darkknightkryta

Game launched Friday, why would it match a week's worth of numbers with 3 less days?

the-pi-guy

Game launched Friday, why would it match a week's worth of numbers with 3 less days?
Well most sales are on the first day usually.  

But GoW is being held back by other factors.  

The number of days is a factor, but it is not likely to be a big one

Xevross

5 days isn't a week but I get your point. Those extra three days would obviously be a lot less than the first two, but would probably put it more on par with Horizon's physical sales. Still way short of U4 though.

Go Up