E3 youtube views and analysis 2018

Started by Legend, Jun 09, 2018, 07:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Or YouTube views freezing. They do that when they're checking if the views are legit apparently
Yup that's the reason.

I learned this with the first BFV trailer. My tracker started ignoring the video since it wasn't getting any new views. Fixed that by making the tracker also see if likes and dislikes have stopped.

Xevross

@Legend
Are the four main Sony games going to settle around the top of the chart because they deserve it or because you're a Sony fanboy and spent the most time looking for those videos? ;)

Legend

@Legend
Are the four main Sony games going to settle around the top of the chart because they deserve it or because you're a Sony fanboy and spent the most time looking for those videos? ;)
I really hoping I'm not missing too many big uploads. This E3 did not go at all like I expected and I'm running on fumes.

the-pi-guy

Thought that was well known.  

Xevross

I really hoping I'm not missing too many big uploads. This E3 did not go at all like I expected and I'm running on fumes.
How so?

Legend

How so?
Just really busy with non game stuff that popped up last minute.

Xevross

Just really busy with non game stuff that popped up last minute.
Ah yes of course. I thought you meant actual E3, not just the past week in general :-\

Legend

Ah yes of course. I thought you meant actual E3, not just the past week in general :-\
Haha nah I was expecting this E3 to be mostly updates for existing games.

Bethesda didn't get the memo though.  ::)

the-pi-guy

Legend

TLOU2 has passed Cyberpunk 2077 for most likes. This is with combined uploads so it has a margin of error but I wouldn't have expected this.

Nightengale

Jun 13, 2018, 01:44 AM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 01:53 AM by Nightengale
I expected it.

Based off historical trends of trailer views, gameplay trailers are always the most desirable and have the highest consumption pace. Not always the case, but when it comes to traditional E3 games - the winners are often gameplay trailers.

TLOU2, based off my previous tracking of PSX and PGW trailers - while getting lower views than expected, had very very very high social tracking in all other stats. Likes, retweets, favs, anticipation. There was no doubt in my mind that TLOU2 gameplay - if it delivered would be in the top 3 of E3 2018.

But it's not to slight on Cyberpunk. Had Cyberpunk been a 10-minute gameplay trailer, it would've smoked TLOU2. But TLOU2 had the advantage of it being the gameplay premiere of one of the most beloved IPs in the last generation.

As for Spider-Man... this is its 3rd E3 trailer and its 2nd big gameplay trailer. Most games trailer views fall-off after their heights. Don't be shocked when TLOU2's gameplay trailer next year have far less views, it's gonna happen. :P

Nightengale

By the way, one feedback that I missed out in the initial ERA thread:

Wonder if it's possible to do a 'likes/views' ratio (%) analysis.

That would indicate more clearly which trailers are ads-and-aren't.

Legend

Jun 13, 2018, 04:17 AM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 05:04 AM by Legend
By the way, one feedback that I missed out in the initial ERA thread:

Wonder if it's possible to do a 'likes/views' ratio (%) analysis.

That would indicate more clearly which trailers are ads-and-aren't.
Yes I added that to the charts that list videos individually.

The official upload chart specifically is great for spotting ads since it doesn't list re-hosts on other channels.

edt: TLOU2 trailer is now the most liked individual video from E3 too.

Kerotan

Jun 13, 2018, 10:36 AM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 10:41 AM by Kerotan
So what's gears 5 on? I honestly can't see.

Ok I see it now  Shocked at how low key gears has become. Imo it's reveal was x10 better then halo yet its views are suggesting gears is pretty irrelevant. I can't see this not launching to big numbers.

Halo on the other hand looks crud. I wonder will this stop the series decline. How does it compare to the views of halo 5?

Mantis

CONFERENCES

XBOX HIGHEST EXCLUSIVES

SONY HIGHEST EXCLUSIVES

NINTENDO HIGHEST EXCLUSIVES

TOP 10 TRAILERS

BEST KH3 TRAILER

Go Up