Help me design a tattoo sleeve?

Started by nnodley, Jun 18, 2016, 05:10 AM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

Alright so for a while now I have been wanting to get a full sleeve on my left arm.  I've struggled with thinking of what I want and don't want it to be some random tribal shame.  That's done way too often.

So what I have been thinking is figuring out an awesome way to mash up iconic objects or something from some of my favorite games.  For both a sickass tattoo, but also always being a reminder of always wanting to be a better artist and matching some of the best games in the industry.

I know that I want put the phurba dagger from uncharted 2 along my forearm with a firefly pendant that is hanging on the dagger, wrapping around it and the pendant being just at the connection of my forearm and hand.  On the pendant I'm thinking of putting the logo/name of the first AAA studio I work at on it.  I also want to incorporate sic parvis magna and drakes' ring into it.  Also thought of using a version of faith's tattoo from mirrors edges that is on her shoulder as well as the assassin's creed symbol, the witcher pendant, and the greek symbol from god of war(maybe even kratos' chains).

Obviously I don't want them all to look just thrown together.  There needs to be a flow to everything or feel like it's telling a story itself.

kitler53

sounds regrettable. 

uncharted, mirrors edge, assassins creed, god of war, witcher. too fleeting for a tat.  in ten years you'll look down and think "wtf was i thinking". 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens