NPD February 2017 Results: PS4 > 395k, XB1 < 240k

Started by ethomaz, Mar 09, 2017, 11:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kerotan

Huge victory in February for the ps4. March especially but April too will also be bloodbaths.  

There's so little hype around xbox right now even in its premier territory.  Playstation and switch have all the hype on lockdown right now.  

And between now and the end of the summer we have Mario Kart 8, crash bandicoot trilogy,  FF12 remastered,  splatoon,  Persona 5,  MLB 17 and probably some more niche exclusives I'm forgetting.  None of them on xbox.  

I think the next big title on xbox is that new awesome looking shadow of mordor fame, but that's also on pc/ps4.

Their entire line up this gen has been bland and pretty fudgy pathetic.  If they don't have a few majorly good titles held back for post scorpio ♏ launch they are iced.  

Xevross

This is turning out the same as last year. With PS4 winning Q1 by a huge margin. Close in Jan but a crazy gap in March and Feb.

ethomaz

Why such a big gap?
Probably because the XB1 S momentum was just a launch window momentum and it didn't increased the sales baseline of the console.

Both consoles are still down compared with last year.

BananaKing

you guys are forgetting that the PS4 had a 50$ price promotion.

Aura7541

you guys are forgetting that the PS4 had a 50$ price promotion.
XB1 also had two new bundles that month: Forza Horizon 3 and Halo Wars 2.

SWORDF1SH

I don't know how you worked out these figures but it's nice to get a clearer picture.

Xevross

I don't know how you worked out these figures but it's nice to get a clearer picture.
I explained it a few posts up :D

SWORDF1SH

I explained it a few posts up :D
I saw it but didn't understand lol

Go Up