No other games in history of the industry have more perfect score than Zelda BOTW

Started by katakpisang, Aug 18, 2017, 03:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

We even have an ignore feature!
BOTW is essentially the only zelda I've played so I can't compare it to others in the series.

Yeah the game can be hard like if you go up against an enemy before you're properly leveled, but once leveled up the enemies are easy. The only time I repeatedly struggled (didn't die, I could keep eating food) was when I fought the electric boss and didn't realise the gimmick to killing it.

Level up? Dont you mean gear up? lol

There's no levels in any of the zelda games except for Zelda II but thats because Nintendo at the time tried to make the 2nd game different from the 1st one (just like Super Mario Bros 2 in the US).

Gearing up in BotW is different from gearing up in the previous zelda games - the previous zelda games only gave you a sword (about 3 in each game - OoT being the exception that gave you a 4th sword), shield (about 3 in each game) and armor (about 3 in each game). Sword increases damage a small amount, shield lets you block certain attacks (depending on the shield you have on) and the armor is the only thing that reduced defense.

In BotW, you had to equip a weapon (not necessarily a sword) of different varieties (Sword, Spear, Hammer, Axe, Boomerang, etc), three different armor pieces (helmet, body armor and leggings) and shield.

On top of that, the gear durability makes the game more enjoyable and gives more challenge than previous games.

Another major difference is the equipment in the other games other than being never broke, they never burnt and never gave you specific stats/features for different situations such as affecting weather (protection), environment (climbing, swimming, etc).

In BotW, you have to strategically use and swap gear from time to time at least from my experience with BotW, I was constantly swapping between gear I had - for an example I had stealth gear (Sheikah gear) when I wanted to avoid enemies or if I wanted to farm fairies/hunt animals, I had the soldier gear when I wanted to fight in combat, I had the climbing gear when I wanted something to use to increase my climbing speed, I had the Zora gear when I wanted to improve my swimming capabilities, I had my Goron gear when I wanted to explore the Death Mountain region, I had my Gerudo gear when I wanted to explore the desert and I had my Rito gear when I wanted to explore a cold environment.

You didnt have to wear anything specific or use anything specific in any other zelda games because nothing affected you.

There's also the introduction of using consumables, being able to forage the world for materials to make items - thats something that the older zelda games didnt have.

I also took advantage of using the environment as an advantage against enemies. Shooting bomb/fire arrows into a bush to create a wind drift so I can fly up to avoid being ganged on or to get a advantage of a high area shot, being able to use the rocks and trees (that were cut down, their logs) as traps or weapons to knock out enemies, to throw items to trick enemies or to distract them

^ None of this, you could do in any other Zelda game.

Hell, you can do crazy stuff such as creating a air car with a mining cart and fly around and do all sorts of crazy stuff. You can solve puzzles by using your own weapons and tools rather than the pre-placed game objects - thats what I did in the shrines, I used my metal weapons as conductors of electricity when I didnt have to use the pre-made game objects (like orbs or w/e their called to conduct electricity)

^ You couldnt do that in the other games because the the other games are linear in fashion and everything you need is already pre-set and you MUST use the pre-set tools to get past certain points in the game - botw gives you more freedom and such.

And I know some of you guys may say the story is weak and not strong - but playing other games in the series, I have to say the Story is way more well done than previous zelda games.

Like Mario, Zelda is a franchise that has its roots in its gameplay rather than its story. There is story in every Zelda game but its minimum and not deeply rooted in narration like other games you may have played.  The story is minimal at points you would compare to other games but majority of the lore is told through the voices of the NPCs you encounter , NPCs that arent really main focus of the actual storyline which is to defeat Ganon and save hyrule yadayada.

I saw all the memory experiences in BotW and have to say, it has more story narration than any other Zelda game I played - SS and TP comes close but are not as deep imo.

Anyways, just because a game is easy or "kiddie" doesnt necessarily mean its bad. Especially when you explore the world, listen to the lore through the NPCs and items you find throughout the game (botw and others too), it looks like a kiddie game but has a lore that is pretty dark and grim at times - same thing with pokemon.

I didnt really get into the Zelda series until recently but have to say after playing a lot of the games lately, its easily one of my top 10 favorite franchises right now.

I recommend playing other titles in the series, each one is different in its theme, the way the story plays out and its overall design. Its like playing a Mario game, each game is different from the last. You'll enjoy it for its fun gameplay and overall design - despite how easy or kiddy it may look.

Basically an indie minecraft

Far from it - nothing like it at all.

I tried Minecraft but could never get into it - got bored after playing it for a few days with friends.

Dr. Pezus

Isn't minecraft the indie minecraft?

And how is a Nintendo game indie?

Nintendo independently make games for switch

Level up? Dont you mean gear up? lol

There's no levels in any of the zelda games except for Zelda II but thats because Nintendo at the time tried to make the 2nd game different from the 1st one (just like Super Mario Bros 2 in the US).

Gearing up in BotW is different from gearing up in the previous zelda games - the previous zelda games only gave you a sword (about 3 in each game - OoT being the exception that gave you a 4th sword), shield (about 3 in each game) and armor (about 3 in each game). Sword increases damage a small amount, shield lets you block certain attacks (depending on the shield you have on) and the armor is the only thing that reduced defense.

In BotW, you had to equip a weapon (not necessarily a sword) of different varieties (Sword, Spear, Hammer, Axe, Boomerang, etc), three different armor pieces (helmet, body armor and leggings) and shield.

On top of that, the gear durability makes the game more enjoyable and gives more challenge than previous games.

Another major difference is the equipment in the other games other than being never broke, they never burnt and never gave you specific stats/features for different situations such as affecting weather (protection), environment (climbing, swimming, etc).

In BotW, you have to strategically use and swap gear from time to time at least from my experience with BotW, I was constantly swapping between gear I had - for an example I had stealth gear (Sheikah gear) when I wanted to avoid enemies or if I wanted to farm fairies/hunt animals, I had the soldier gear when I wanted to fight in combat, I had the climbing gear when I wanted something to use to increase my climbing speed, I had the Zora gear when I wanted to improve my swimming capabilities, I had my Goron gear when I wanted to explore the Death Mountain region, I had my Gerudo gear when I wanted to explore the desert and I had my Rito gear when I wanted to explore a cold environment.

You didnt have to wear anything specific or use anything specific in any other zelda games because nothing affected you.

There's also the introduction of using consumables, being able to forage the world for materials to make items - thats something that the older zelda games didnt have.

I also took advantage of using the environment as an advantage against enemies. Shooting bomb/fire arrows into a bush to create a wind drift so I can fly up to avoid being ganged on or to get a advantage of a high area shot, being able to use the rocks and trees (that were cut down, their logs) as traps or weapons to knock out enemies, to throw items to trick enemies or to distract them

^ None of this, you could do in any other Zelda game.

Hell, you can do crazy stuff such as creating a air car with a mining cart and fly around and do all sorts of crazy stuff. You can solve puzzles by using your own weapons and tools rather than the pre-placed game objects - thats what I did in the shrines, I used my metal weapons as conductors of electricity when I didnt have to use the pre-made game objects (like orbs or w/e their called to conduct electricity)

^ You couldnt do that in the other games because the the other games are linear in fashion and everything you need is already pre-set and you MUST use the pre-set tools to get past certain points in the game - botw gives you more freedom and such.

And I know some of you guys may say the story is weak and not strong - but playing other games in the series, I have to say the Story is way more well done than previous zelda games.

Like Mario, Zelda is a franchise that has its roots in its gameplay rather than its story. There is story in every Zelda game but its minimum and not deeply rooted in narration like other games you may have played.  The story is minimal at points you would compare to other games but majority of the lore is told through the voices of the NPCs you encounter , NPCs that arent really main focus of the actual storyline which is to defeat Ganon and save hyrule yadayada.

I saw all the memory experiences in BotW and have to say, it has more story narration than any other Zelda game I played - SS and TP comes close but are not as deep imo.

Anyways, just because a game is easy or "kiddie" doesnt necessarily mean its bad. Especially when you explore the world, listen to the lore through the NPCs and items you find throughout the game (botw and others too), it looks like a kiddie game but has a lore that is pretty dark and grim at times - same thing with pokemon.

I didnt really get into the Zelda series until recently but have to say after playing a lot of the games lately, its easily one of my top 10 favorite franchises right now.

I recommend playing other titles in the series, each one is different in its theme, the way the story plays out and its overall design. Its like playing a Mario game, each game is different from the last. You'll enjoy it for its fun gameplay and overall design - despite how easy or kiddy it may look.

Far from it - nothing like it at all.

I tried Minecraft but could never get into it - got bored after playing it for a few days with friends.
Well seeing how fast you finish games, that's still probably hundreds of hours played right there!

BasilZero

Aug 19, 2017, 04:12 PM Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017, 04:27 PM by BasilZero
Yeah for some reason I feel like this isn't going to last! haha!

Honestly the only thing going for zelda BOTW is its huge openness.  And lol at you using water as a positive that zelda has better physics.   There is WAAAAAYYYY more to physics in a game than just water.   

Guess what I like scripted single player cinematic story games.  And that itself makes zelda not that great of a game to me because the story is pretty nonexistent.  But that's fine because opinions and all.
I dont consider the water physics to be anything special in botw. When you compare water clarity in its design how it looks like, I still think Super Mario Sunshine from Gamecube era had the best looking water effects (not physics) I've ever seen in a game.

Anyways, as far as story goes, BotW has a decent story, it might not be narrated as any other big story rich game but it still does have it. Collecting the memory pieces shows you cutscenes of how the world of botw came to be 100 years prior, it gives more insight to the 5 hyrule champions (including link on how they are) and focuses heavily on Zelda and how she lived and what her purpose was.

In the 72 hours I played the game , I have to say it has one of the best stories in the series and I highly recommend playing it. OoT, TP and SS also has great stories. Zelda series isnt known for its story telling, its mostly known for its gameplay and the lore (which majority is told through NPCs, etc) - its still worth it just for the gameplay and design.

Nintendo independently make games for switch
Well seeing how fast you finish games, that's still probably hundreds of hours played right there!
72 hours actually. I bought the game back in March 3rd (day 1) and started it - finished it last month. Thats 4 months.

I did the main story line (4 divine beasts, saw all the Story memory cutscenes and collected the Master Sword. I did a handful of side quests such as making a new town, buying my own house, and some of the lesser known side quests but only because it was along the same way I was traveling. I also explored the entire world map unlocking all the Sheikah towers.

I probably missed about 70% to 75% of the sidequests in the game because I didnt feel like doing it lol.

On top of that, I only finished 53 out of 120 shrines in the game.

I think all in all..

30 hours in world exploration and unlocking all the towers (and doing shrine quests to increase hearts/stamina)
20 hours in divine beast quest (along with the main story line)
10 hours in the story memory quest
10 hours in preparing from finding materials, getting the master sword, getting better equipment

^ Estimation

Ironically, BotW isnt even the longest Zelda game I played at least in terms of how long it took me to beat.

Zelda Skyward Sword on the Wii - I clocked 85 hours and that game isnt even remotely open world lol

Shortest zelda for me was Link to the Past, only took me 12 hours and thats after doing all the sidequests and extra dungeon (GBA ver)

----

Anyways, I hope the next Zelda game retains some of the features that BotW had.

Specifically weapon/equipment variety and durability.

Stamina + Climbing was awesome but it might not work in a non-open world game.

Oh and item/consumables, I hope they bring that in the next game too.

Kerotan

Anyone who gets triggered over a few days by a poster on a site with an ignore feature wants to get triggered!  If he annoys you just block his posts.  Simple.  

I'm glad to see a hardcore Nintendo fan on the site.  Gives a different perspective.

Legend

Anyone who gets triggered over a few days by a poster on a site with an ignore feature wants to get triggered!  If he annoys you just block his posts.  Simple.  

I'm glad to see a hardcore Nintendo fan on the site.  Gives a different perspective.
Or they just don't want to have to bother with people like that in the first place.

Dr. Pezus

@basil: I meant minecraft!

BasilZero

@basil: I meant minecraft!
Oh.

Yeah, I couldnt get into it even though my gaming friends I game with all the time have hundreds to thousands of hours playing Minecraft.

The same ones who were playing DOTA2.....have thousands of hours on that game too.

Dragged me into it too....and I clocked 150 hours on DOTA2....Never again.

Dr. Pezus

Oh.

Yeah, I couldnt get into it even though my gaming friends I game with all the time have hundreds to thousands of hours playing Minecraft.

The same ones who were playing DOTA2.....have thousands of hours on that game too.

Dragged me into it too....and I clocked 150 hours on DOTA2....Never again.
150 hours is pretty decent though lol

BasilZero

150 hours is pretty decent though lol
Thats 150 hours too much for me.

Dr. Pezus

Thats 150 hours too much for me.
Because you couldn't finish it? Hehe

Rorono

Is it better than Majora's Mask? I doubt it

BasilZero

Because you couldn't finish it? Hehe
No, because those 150 hours I could have used it on other games  and probably could have gotten 75+ finished games in the same amount of time :p.

For me, when it comes to MOBAs or MMOs, quitting = completed  lmao.

Kerotan

Or they just don't want to have to bother with people like that in the first place.
Hence the ignore feature.  If they don't want their jimmiesrustled then use the feature provided.

Go Up