What do you hope next gen PS4 focuses on?

Started by Legend, Oct 24, 2017, 11:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Do you want a switch copy? PS4 pro pro? Something else?

These are not predictions so go with your own desires.

Xevross

Next gen PS4? I ... don't want this. Just PS5 please. Same sort of model as PS4, launch at $399 etc.

PS4 is pretty much a perfect console for me, its AAA games that are the issue/ need improving right now

Legend

Next gen PS4? I ... don't want this. Just PS5 please. Same sort of model as PS4, launch at $399 etc.

PS4 is pretty much a perfect console for me, its AAA games that are the issue/ need improving right now
Would you like some small new gimmicks with the controller or just the exact same ones on DS4?

Wouldn't want BC?

ethomaz

Focus on games.

Console only.

the-pi-guy

Next system should have:

-PS4 backwards compatibility preferably.  
-PSVR support
-PSVR2 support
-New PlayStation Move controllers with analog sticks on it.  
-Lots of regular games
-Lots of VR games
-I'd like PS5 minis, where it's a lot more open to consumers to develop games, but they can have restrictions on stuff.  
-Fully Formed OS day 1.  It's just a little jarring to have a new system that doesn't have all the features of the old one.  Like the new OS should have a media player, internet browser, folder support that works just as well as the current one.  
-launch at 399$

-Support with PSVita.  ha, not gonna happen.

Riderz1337

Powerful
PS4 backwards compatible. I want to access my ps4 digital library on my ps5.

That's all really. I dont need any weird gimmicky stuff. Just make a powerful console and price it at 399.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

DerNebel

That we don't have to wait years until the really worthwile games come out on it.

Also I don't care for all this new console talk recently, the PS4 still has more than enough life in it.

Legend

That we don't have to wait years until the really worthwile games come out on it.

Also I don't care for all this new console talk recently, the PS4 still has more than enough life in it.
I don't want ps5 yet either. People talking about it being needed to combat xbox one x or other silly things has been frustrating.

This is more a question of what we value in a console atm.

Xevross

Would you like some small new gimmicks with the controller or just the exact same ones on DS4?

Wouldn't want BC?
Uh I think just make it more comfortable to hold and refine the touchpad. BC is a big one, if it has similar architecture as PS4 I'd expect them to do it and I want them to.

Kerotan

$399 4k @60FPS standard

Psvr 2.0

Cheaper and more advanced then the original.

Mmm_fish_tacos

We are still a aways off from a 399 4k 60 box.

darkknightkryta

Legend

I'd like an even better way to do remote play. Make it so every DS5 is remote play ready and can connect to a smartphone to make it work.

Basically like how the Switch is a refinement of the Wii U, the PS5 should be a refinement of PS4's remote play capabilities. Especially with space internet becoming a thing right around when the PS5 will launch, I think this would be pretty cool.