Destiny 2 over 1.3 million concurrent players...

Started by ethomaz, Sep 09, 2017, 07:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

1.2m is so old news that I decided to update the thread.

This Week At Bungie – 09/14/2017 > News | Bungie.net

Legend

ethomaz

For comparison only Halo 3 and some CoDs announced over 1 million concurrent players in the past.

Battlefield peaked at 980k.

SWORDF1SH

Meh! VizionEck: Cube Royale will blitz this.

ethomaz

Another info.

No Steam game ever reached 1.2m concurrent players.

Edit - Bad info... DOTA 2 reached 1.3m on Steam.

Legend

Another info.

No Steam game ever reached 1.2m concurrent players.
Just give PUBG a few more weeks, but still this is incredibly impressive.

DerNebel

ethomaz

Steam Charts - Tracking What's Played

Dota 2?
Yeap I fixed... DOTA did near 1.3m last year.

Destiny 2 will probably beat that soon.

the-pi-guy

ethomaz

Legend

I just came to post that!

ethomaz

There is more...

Destiny 2 Launch PR: Biggest PSN Day One Sales | Highest Concurrent Users for Launch - NeoGAF

Press release for the launch week of Destiny 2 was released this morning. Highest concurrent user number is for the launch week of the series not the franchise overall.http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...0915005228/en/ Some choice quotes.
"With franchise pre-order records broken, and record day-one performance on PlayStation Store, it's exciting to see engagement at the highest ever week-one concurrency for the franchise. Destiny 2 is off to a strong start as the #1 console gaming launch week of the year to date," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision. "With the PC version yet to ship, Destiny 2 sets the stage for being one of the biggest video game entertainment events of the year." For the third year in a row, Destiny is the #1 console-only game viewed on Twitch by minutes watched. Destiny 2, including its two betas, had more than 600M minutes watched on Twitch before the raid, a fan-favorite, endgame, 6-player gameplay experience started. The raid, called "Leviathan," went live for players on Sept. 13 and immediately shot to the #1 position on Twitch based on total concurrent viewers.