NPD February 2017 Results: PS4 > 395k, XB1 < 240k

Started by ethomaz, Mar 09, 2017, 11:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

Seems like 230k is estimating digital.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results For February 2017 (Up1: For Honor highest LTD game of 2017 so far)

Originally Posted by KawabataSan

Does your number for Nioh include digital sales, John?

Yep

Great in any case.

ethomaz

Nioh

Nioh total sales - 230,000
Nioh digital (47%) - 108,000
Nioh retail (53%) - 122,000

DerNebel

Nioh

Man you always post these things right before I'm trying to post them.

47% is an extremely high digital ratio for a console game, I guess there was way too little physical stock for the game.

ethomaz

Man you always post these things right before I'm trying to post them.

47% is an extremely high digital ratio for a console game, I guess there was way too little physical stock for the game.
That was a surprise to me too.
John even said it was not the biggest digital ratio in February.

DerNebel

That was a surprise to me too.
John even said it was not the biggest digital ratio in February.

Yeah, other games had PC versions though which are pretty much all digital, but things are definitely changing.

Xevross

Nioh

Woah that digital ratio is insane. Probably the biggest ever for a first month PS4 retail game

SWORDF1SH

The vast majority of my games have been digital this gen. Digital pricing has been a lot better and digital sales are a regular thing. This is easing more and more people into the digital download era.

Dr. Pezus

The vast majority of my games have been digital this gen. Digital pricing has been a lot better and digital sales are a regular thing. This is easing more and more people into the digital download era.
And all of mine

the-pi-guy

I'm usually finding physical to be much cheaper.  
#America

I can go to Walmart and pick up Phantom Pain for 15$, while it's 40$ on PSN.  

Amazon also has 20% off for the first two weeks and pre-orders.

nnodley

#America

I just wish amazon would extend their 20% off to digital versions too.  But i'm guessing there is some odd reason they can't or something.

Xevross

#America

Physical is a lot cheaper for consoles here too. At launch, games are at least £10 more on the PS store than they are in stores and the digital price never drops as fast as retail.

I think on steam its a bit better though

Aura7541

Physical is a lot cheaper for consoles here too. At launch, games are at least £10 more on the PS store than they are in stores and the digital price never drops as fast as retail.

I think on steam its a bit better though
PC games tend to get really good sales outside of Steam, too. I remember you could get Rise of the Tomb Raider from CDKeys for only $30 before it even released on the platform.

SWORDF1SH

#America

I think that's the case almost everywhere, especially EA games where the digital version of the game usually retail for £60 in the UK. But pricing and deals has improved a lot over the last 10 years.

BananaKing

yeah thats very true. hell i very much dislike buying digital, but i bought a good number of games digitally. Beyond Two Souls, Until Dawn, The Withcer 3 (i had to rebuy it, long story), bloodborne. at times you can find crazy sales that are just too good to pass up. im certainly going to be buying more digitally. i prefer to own the CD, but if a good price comes along its digital for sure. except obviously for must have day one games.

ethomaz

Mar 21, 2017, 02:56 PM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2017, 02:59 PM by ethomaz

Go Up