NPD February 2017 Results: PS4 > 395k, XB1 < 240k

Started by ethomaz, Mar 09, 2017, 11:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

THat's an interesting thing to think about Kerotan. If Switch is grouped in as a home console, then how many months will it spend in front of ps4?

MArch goes to Switch for sure. Will April? I think it might be a few months before PS4 is #1 again.

darkknightkryta

THat's an interesting thing to think about Kerotan. If Switch is grouped in as a home console, then how many months will it spend in front of ps4?

MArch goes to Switch for sure. Will April? I think it might be a few months before PS4 is #1 again.
Yeah, things are going to be wonky until December.  Will Nintendo's Switch manage to keep up momentum until the holidays?  Will Sony create their own "hybrid" to compete?  Will Microsoft continue being Krillin?  Find out next time on Console Wars Z!

ethomaz

Yeap it is interesting to know because if PS4 is #1 will mean it is ahead Switch and vice versa.

Legend

Yeah, things are going to be wonky until December.  Will Nintendo's Switch manage to keep up momentum until the holidays?  Will Sony create their own "hybrid" to compete?  Will Microsoft continue being Krillin?  Find out next time on Console Wars Z!
STupid deja vu. Or have you used that joke on here before?

Mmm_fish_tacos

If nintendo dont get switches on the shelves then sony might win next month too.

darkknightkryta

STupid deja vu. Or have you used that joke on here before?
I don't know  :'(

ethomaz

There are a lot of info to update but I will take a shower first.

Xevross

There are a lot of info to update but I will take a shower first.
Have fun

DerNebel

Well then I'll give some pointers while Etho is showering.

For Honor tops NPD and also becomes the best selling game YTD in the US, RE7 holds well at spot number 2 for the month. Nioh also makes the top 10 despite not counting digital sales, it makes #9. Halo Wars 2 impressively fails to chart in the top 10.

ethomaz

ethomaz

Nioh did 230k without digital.

For Honor sold a lot more on XB1.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=232229157

DerNebel

Mar 17, 2017, 11:35 AM Last Edit: Mar 17, 2017, 12:11 PM by DerNebel
Nioh did 230k without digital.

For Honor sold a lot more on XB1.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=232229157
Nothing to buy on Xbox :P

Edit: Oh wait, Halo Wars 2, but they didn't buy that.

Btw. does anyone remember gow it was often said PS3 owners didn't buy their exclusives last gen? Guess the same can be said about Xbox One owners nowadays.

Edit: Also how absurdly insane is it that GTAV sold over 230k on PS4 alone in the US well over 3 years after its initial release?

Nioh number apparently includes digital, which makes sense I guess, over 230k for GTAV on PS4 alone in February would just be insane.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results For February 2017 (Up1: For Honor highest LTD game of 2017 so far)

Originally Posted by KawabataSan

Does your number for Nioh include digital sales, John?

Yep

Raven

Nothing to buy on Xbox :P

Edit: Oh wait, Halo Wars 2, but they didn't buy that.

Btw. does anyone remember gow it was often said PS3 owners didn't buy their exclusives last gen? Guess the same can be said about Xbox One owners nowadays.

Edit: Also how absurdly insane is it that GTAV sold over 230k on PS4 alone in the US well over 3 years after its initial release?

Nioh number apparently includes digital, which makes sense I guess, over 230k for GTAV on PS4 alone in February would just be insane.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results For February 2017 (Up1: For Honor highest LTD game of 2017 so far)
Yep

Between its sales, critical reception, and the impact the franchise in general has had in moving the industry to more open-world games, it may very well be the best game of all time.

DerNebel

Mar 17, 2017, 12:19 PM Last Edit: Mar 18, 2017, 09:51 PM by DerNebel
Between its sales, critical reception, and the impact the franchise in general has had in moving the industry to more open-world games, it may very well be the best game of all time.
I wasn't talking about Persona 4 and I don't know what it had to do with open world games, but I agree.

Raven

I wasn't talking about Persona 4 and I don't what it had to do with open world games, but I agree.
Lol

Go Up