The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review Thread: 96 OC (98 Reviews) 97 MC (97 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Mar 02, 2017, 02:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aura7541

darkknightkryta

Docked the performance is even worst.

Portable mode for the win.
Yeah looks like the Switch doesn't handle high resolutions well.

BasilZero

I just bought the game (WiiU version)

Played it for an hour.

My God, I am gonna get lost in this game. (in a good way, the wanderlust way)

I've clocked about 12 hours or so in FFXV and I'm barely in Chapter 2. Gonna clock so many hours in this dang game lol.

I clocked about 80 hours in Skyward Sword and that game wasnt even a open world like this one.

Also performance wise for the WiiU version, it doesnt seem bad at all.

I hardly noticed it falling for the hour I played, I pretty much explored around The Great Plateau and its not as bad as some people are saying about the WiiU version.

Resolution wise though, I could easily tell 720p doesnt do this game any wonders along with the lack of AA.

When the WiiU emulator CEMU is all ready and done and the game is optimized on PC - it will be one of the best looking emulated games.

Anyways as far as I am concerned, this doesnt affect me whatsoever - I'm enjoying FFXV on my OG PS4 and I'll be more than likely enjoying this game on my WiiU.

Also gameplay wise, I can understand why all the reviewers gave it a high score. There's just so much you can do that the previous zelda games did not have. I also love the item/weapon system, its not like any of the previous Zelda games but reminds me of Western RPGs with all the weapon durability, customization of gear, etc.

I have a feeling this might end up becoming one of my most favorite Zelda games. But I'll do an actual playthrough once I'm done with my playthrough of Ratchet and Clank on my PS3.

(I've also been playing Zelda OoT 3D on my 3DS and loving it so far :p). Will be the first time that I will be playing two zelda games back to back.

-----------

Also, this makes it my 6th physical Zelda game I ever owned (Physically at least) :)

Its also worth noting that this is my very first full priced ($60) game purchase ever.

darkknightkryta

I just bought the game (WiiU version)

Played it for an hour.

My God, I am gonna get lost in this game. (in a good way, the wanderlust way)

I've clocked about 12 hours or so in FFXV and I'm barely in Chapter 2. Gonna clock so many hours in this dang game lol.

I clocked about 80 hours in Skyward Sword and that game wasnt even a open world like this one.

Also performance wise for the WiiU version, it doesnt seem bad at all.

I hardly noticed it falling for the hour I played, I pretty much explored around The Great Plateau and its not as bad as some people are saying about the WiiU version.

Resolution wise though, I could easily tell 720p doesnt do this game any wonders along with the lack of AA.

When the WiiU emulator CEMU is all ready and done and the game is optimized on PC - it will be one of the best looking emulated games.

Anyways as far as I am concerned, this doesnt affect me whatsoever - I'm enjoying FFXV on my OG PS4 and I'll be more than likely enjoying this game on my WiiU.

Also gameplay wise, I can understand why all the reviewers gave it a high score. There's just so much you can do that the previous zelda games did not have. I also love the item/weapon system, its not like any of the previous Zelda games but reminds me of Western RPGs with all the weapon durability, customization of gear, etc.

I have a feeling this might end up becoming one of my most favorite Zelda games. But I'll do an actual playthrough once I'm done with my playthrough of Ratchet and Clank on my PS3.

(I've also been playing Zelda OoT 3D on my 3DS and loving it so far :p). Will be the first time that I will be playing two zelda games back to back.

-----------

Also, this makes it my 6th physical Zelda game I ever owned (Physically at least) :)

Its also worth noting that this is my very first full priced ($60) game purchase ever.

My collection is better than yours ;o

BasilZero

My collection is better than yours ;o
Well my first Zelda game I owned/bought was Twilight Princess for GCN :)

Of my top 5 Nintendo franchises , its the one that I own/played the least but that will change soon :D

darkknightkryta

Well my first Zelda game I owned/bought was Twilight Princess for GCN :)

Of my top 5 Nintendo franchises , its the one that I own/played the least but that will change soon :D
My first was A Link to the Past for GBA.  I'm surprised you never got it to be honest.

BasilZero

My first was A Link to the Past for GBA.  I'm surprised you never got it to be honest.
I rented the SNES version during the 1990s but I did finish/emulate it early 2000s.

As for the GBA ver....I did play the game last year (recorded it for my YT channel too).

I didnt really get into Zelda until Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess.

Always been Mario/DK/Kirby/Pokemon but now Zelda too. Fire emblem I started for the first time last year and it was fantastic.

I've yet to properly play a Metroid/Pikmin/Animal Crossing/F-Zero game.

darkknightkryta

I rented the SNES version during the 1990s but I did finish/emulate it early 2000s.

As for the GBA ver....I did play the game last year (recorded it for my YT channel too).

I didnt really get into Zelda until Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess.

Always been Mario/DK/Kirby/Pokemon but now Zelda too. Fire emblem I started for the first time last year and it was fantastic.

I've yet to properly play a Metroid/Pikmin/Animal Crossing/F-Zero game.
I wouldn't mind eventually trying Fire Emblem.  But too much to play right now.

Legend

I'm waiting to buy this. I have Horizon right now and then I'll have Mass Effect.

Hopefully it gets a price drop by then with Wii U being dead and all.

DerNebel

I'm waiting to buy this. I have Horizon right now and then I'll have Mass Effect.

With Nintendo I wouldn't bet on that. You might even get unlucky and have a really hard time finding a physical disc of the Wii U version of this game in a couple months, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

the-pi-guy

Honestly I'd expect it to go up.  
There's one game Nintendo only made a few of, and then people were selling them for 90$.  I think there was another game too.  
A Metroid game and Pikmin 3, I want to say it happened to?

Going off unreliable memory.  :P

BasilZero

I wouldn't mind eventually trying Fire Emblem.  But too much to play right now.
If you never played a game in the series, play Awakening first. It  got me hooked into the series interest wise.

BasilZero

Good luck.

Nintendo games go on sale rarely unless its something like black friday but I dont think there will be much copies left of the WiiU ver by that time.....you can get it on digital I guess.....but I have a feeling the digital eshop on WiiU will close sooner than later l0l....

darkknightkryta

With Nintendo I wouldn't bet on that. You might even get unlucky and have a really hard time finding a physical disc of the Wii U version of this game in a couple months, wouldn't surprise me in the least.
It's why I'm picking it up today, despite the fact I won't be able to play it for a year.
Honestly I'd expect it to go up.  
There's one game Nintendo only made a few of, and then people were selling them for 90$.  I think there was another game too.  
A Metroid game and Pikmin 3, I want to say it happened to?

Going off unreliable memory.  :P

Not sure about Pikmin 3, but this happened to Metroid Prime Trilogy.  I'm actually sitting on an unopened Last Story Collector edition and an unopened Xenoblade Chronicles.  Probably should have picked up Clock Tower, oh well.

Dr. Pezus

Watching the ign graphics comparison and the Wii U version doesn't look much worse than the Switch version. It's mostly slight lighting and shadow differences I think

Nvm, it was just difference in time of day. Looks like it's only a slight resolution difference. WiiU is like switch in portable mode

Go Up