Bethesda E3 2018 live view

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 11, 2018, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Nah, I'm disappointed with next gen games being announced .

Xevross

Yeah same, mainly because it means next gen is close and I don't want it to be.

Legend

Oops didn't realise which thread I was in.

Agreed. I'm not ready!

nnodley

Yeah same, mainly because it means next gen is close and I don't want it to be.
Nah bring it on.  By the time it starts it will be another 2 years most likely anyway.  Plus we've known it was coming up soon anyway.

Xevross

Nah bring it on.  By the time it starts it will be another 2 years most likely anyway.  Plus we've known it was coming up soon anyway.
You'd think, but with games being announced now, and MS talking about codenames and development its starting to sound like 2019 might be more likely, which I don't want.

nnodley

You'd think, but with games being announced now, and MS talking about codenames and development its starting to sound like 2019 might be more likely, which I don't want.
I just don't see it at all being 2019.  At the earliest I think first of 2020, but late 2020 seems perfect.   I mean i won't put it past MS to basically push a new generation out quickly just to say they got out first and put xbox one family behind them.   Also we have had rumors of Sony getting ready to have devkits go out to more developers, haven't we?  I haven't seen anything about MS being that far close yet.  

Legend

Todd Howard: Starfield is in a playable state, ESVI is not. Fallout 76 largest BGS team | ResetEra

Todd Howard is currently giving an interview with Geoff Keighly on YouTube and gave us a few tidbits about the things that Bethesda Game Studios is working on. Some of the highlights include

- Starfield has been in production for a long time and is a playable state. The technology for the game still "doesn't exist yet but is getting closer" aka next generation consoles are approaching soon.
 - Starfield may have some sort of social connection to it, but make no mistake this is Bethesda's next big Single Player experience. Not an online focused game
 - ESVI is in a pre production state. It is not currently in a playable capacity
 - Fallout 76 has the largest team that a BGS project has ever had.

Edit - there is some confusion if Todd was specifically commenting on the tech not existing yet was in regards to Starfield or Elder Scrolls VI. Either way he reiterated again that Starfield is a "next gen project" so it works either way.

Will update more if he gives more meaningful info, but this at least adds a bit more context to the announcements they made yesterday

Legend

nnodley

thats the only thing Im afraid of when playing it.  Might have that 1 or 2 people that get the missile codes and launch some of them.

Legend

thats the only thing Im afraid of when playing it.  Might have that 1 or 2 people that get the missile codes and launch some of them.
I still don't understand how this game works.

If you match with random people and it changes when you turn the system off or move around the map, how do you even know you're nuking someone.

If you play with a static group of people for the whole game, how is that supposed to be realistic unless it's like a 30 minute match?

Go Up