June 2014 NPD (PS4 269k, XB1 197k, 3DS 152k, Wii U 140k, 360 62k, PS3 42k, Wii 19k, Vita 15k)

Started by ethomaz, Jul 15, 2014, 04:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Stop quoting the 155k number!1! It could be lower

I have a feeling WiiU will be overtracked on VGC as it is so often. PS4 close to spot on. One slightly overtracked.

Raven

What are we talking about here? Does someone already know what the PS4 numbers are or something?

Xevross

Microsoft released a statement saying Since the new Xbox One offering launched on June 9th, we've seen sales of Xbox One more than double* in the US, compared to sales in May

Xevross

Now they could mean that June sales have doubled or they could mean that the weekly average doubled from that point on, as Pezus mentioned. If they do mean double weekly average from that point on then XBO would be at least 180k for the month. They could also mean that sales from that point on were double those in may, so 155k + the first week, which would mean at least 175k.

Raven

I know what Microsoft said you silly basket. I was referring to people saying PS4 is spot on for VGC's numbers or something.

Xevross

I'm not a mind reader you fudge lard :P. I'm not sure about that.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

lol but whatever way you look at it, its not going to be lower than 155k. Unless they weren't using NPD numbers.

Raven

Raven

Dr. Pezus

lol but whatever way you look at it, its not going to be lower than 155k. Unless they weren't using NPD numbers.

Not true. The sales rate after June 9th increased by >2x compared to the weeks prior but NPD June will include an extra week of abysmal One sales just before the cut, which reduces the average sales rate.

Xevross

Not true. The sales rate after June 9th increased by >2x compared to the weeks prior but NPD June will include an extra week of abysmal One sales just before the cut, which reduces the average sales rate.

Weeks prior were about 20k p/w. Double that is 40k p/w. After 9th (4 weeks) that makes 160k plus the 20k week before it, >180k. If after June 9th is double May, thats 154k + 20k week prior which is >174k

Dr. Pezus

Oh yeah, June is 5 weeks. *facepalm. So maybe they will actually be around 180k

Xevross

We all make mistakes ;). We'll see I guess. They might not have been implying that sales have doubled since then, they could just have been giving the reason that sales increased. Whatever the case, I can't see them being over 180k

ethomaz

Go Up