The Sporty Sports Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 02, 2018, 07:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Xevross

They don't "fix" matches.  They favour matches.  I vividly remember after Germany won, the commentators were going on and on about Messi and his career.  Not, you know, Germany winning.  Same when Italy won in 06.  Zidane literally cost France the World Cup, and they give him the golden boot?  The president didn't even present the cup to Italy.  Portugal was kicked out of Euro Cup, but conveniently rules got changed before the tournament started and they were let through under these new rules and won.  A team that shouldn't have made it to the next round wins the Euro Cup?  Again, all conspiracy theories, but I do believe the higher ups favour teams and try to get them to win.  Not by fixing, but through favouring.
What on Earth do the commentators have to do with any of this? They have nothing to do with fifa.

And come on now, that team expansion was decided completely independently to Portugal finishing third in their group.

I really don't think they actively try and favour any countries, the only weird thing they do is the world rankings which don't really seem to make much sense.