Xbox/Windows exclusive title "Dead Rising 4" coming to Steam on March 14

Started by BasilZero, Feb 23, 2017, 01:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

Dead Rising 4 will launch for PC via Steam on March 14, Capcom announced. The PC version was previously only available for Windows 10.
The Steam release is available to pre-order now at a special 20 percent discount, and includes the "X-Fists Exo Suit" weapon. The game's price will become $59.99 / £39.99 / €59.99 after launch.

Here is the Steam trailer....

Source: Dead Rising 4 coming to Steam on March 14 - Gematsu

ethomaz

The game is just bad in my opinion... I don't know how Capcom could do it in that way.

Previous games at least was fun.

BasilZero

The game is just bad in my opinion... I don't know how Capcom could do it in that way.

Previous games at least was fun.
Why? What happened  :(  

Ludicrous Speed

I liked DR3 more, but this game is still pretty fun.

ethomaz

Why? What happened  :(  
Capcom changed a lot from the DR formula and that resulted in bad game overall IMO.
Sales are way below any other game of the franchise (even Capcom acknowledged that), critic crushed it in reviews and the word of mouth is really bad.

I understand... 4th game in the franchise... they tried something different but in this case the different was bad... DR1 is probably the most fun DR yet but the DR2 and DR3 is still fun... DR4 not in my opinion.

Capcom said they will try to rebirth it with DLC and expansions yesterday but let's how it works.

darkknightkryta

Feb 23, 2017, 01:45 PM Last Edit: Feb 23, 2017, 01:55 PM by darkknightkryta
I don't know.  There's a few possibilities for Dead Rising 4's mess.  Either Microsoft demanded stuff, Capcom execs demanded stuff, or the studio working on it are incompetent.  I'm thinking a mixture of Microsoft demanding things and the studio being incompetent.  They at best made an average game.  I think Capcom should expand internally back in Japan, their "westernization" of stuff has caused issues they haven't really recovered from.  And get rid of all the upper management as well.

ethomaz

I don't know.  There's a few possibilities for Dead Rising 4's mess.  Either Microsoft demanded stuff, Capcom execs demanded stuff, or the studio working on it are incompetent.  I'm thinking a mixture of Microsoft demanding things and the studio being incompetent.  They at best made an average game.  I think Capcom should expand internally back in Japan, they're "westernization" of stuff has caused issues they haven't really recovered from.  And get rid of all the upper management as well.
I agree but looks like when Capcom devs get freedom do to what they want something good get born.

While I believe RE7 is not the best RE ever it is really in the TOP RE titles ever made... they changed from a basic gameplay formula plus added what made the first resident evil success and profited.

I'm all open to try something new but that didn't work with DR4... Capcom said that in the QA about DR4.

"Compared to the series up to now, this game was made more approachable in order to allow a wider audience to enjoy it," the company said. "However, there was a wider range of opinions for the new game. Moving forward, we intend to grow unit sales on a continuous basis by releasing additional digital download content while implementing updates for improvements."
The wide range of opinions is about the bad critic and user reception... the question in QA was why the zombie game did not receive "more distinguished reviews."

darkknightkryta

I agree but looks like when Capcom devs get freedom do to what they want something good get born.

While I believe RE7 is not the best RE ever it is really in the TOP RE titles ever made... they changed from a basic gameplay formula plus added what made the first resident evil success and profited.

I'm all open to try something new but that didn't work with DR4... Capcom said that in the QA about DR4.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 were Capcom's best selling Resident Evil titles, and Resident Evil 6 is Capcom's third best selling title.  I think the larger problem is just mismanagement.  While I don't personally like what they did with RE 7, it would appear they shrunk things down and managed development better.  Now take this approach and expand internally properly.  They've only released 2 games this gen that aren't HD ports (Revelations 2 was last gen).  Street Fighter 5 (Which was made on a ridiculously tight budget) and RE7.  The rest are outsourced garbage.  Like, upper management needs to stop chasing recurring revenue from games.  I mean, Revelations 2 had consumables in their raid mode.  All that money spent and I'm sure very little people played that part of the game.

ethomaz

Resident Evil 5 and 6 were Capcom's best selling Resident Evil titles, and Resident Evil 6 is Capcom's third best selling title.  I think the larger problem is just mismanagement.  While I don't personally like what they did with RE 7, it would appear they shrunk things down and managed development better.  Now take this approach and expand internally properly.  They've only released 2 games this gen that aren't HD ports (Revelations 2 was last gen).  Street Fighter 5 (Which was made on a ridiculously tight budget) and RE7.  The rest are outsourced garbage.  Like, upper management needs to stop chasing recurring revenue from games.  I mean, Revelations 2 had consumables in their raid mode.  All that money spent and I'm sure very little people played that part of the game.
I'm the only that believe RE7 will sell better than RE6 (without HD remaster lol)... the game did 4.6m in 6 months... RE7 will probably beat that.

And you are right RE6 while sell well it was below Capcom expectations to profit... RE7 is already profitable... it is probably due how they mismanagement RE6 with a scope unreal for a game be profitable with amount of sales the series usually has.

darkknightkryta

I'm the only that believe RE7 will sell better than RE6 (without HD remaster lol)... the game did 4.6m in 6 months... RE7 will probably beat that.

And you are right RE6 while sell well it was below Capcom expectations to profit... RE7 is already profitable... it is probably due how they mismanagement RE6 with a scope unreal for a game be profitable with amount of sales the series usually has.
That's what I mean, they really mismanaged that game's budget.  I'm just saying, hopefully RE7 was created more realistically and that they apply that across the board with their titles.  Also for them to stop Americanizing games.

BasilZero

Capcom changed a lot from the DR formula and that resulted in bad game overall IMO.
Sales are way below any other game of the franchise (even Capcom acknowledged that), critic crushed it in reviews and the word of mouth is really bad.

I understand... 4th game in the franchise... they tried something different but in this case the different was bad... DR1 is probably the most fun DR yet but the DR2 and DR3 is still fun... DR4 not in my opinion.

Capcom said they will try to rebirth it with DLC and expansions yesterday but let's how it works.
Awws, thats sad to hear but I'll get it when its super cheap I guess.

I really enjoyed Dead Rising 2 and OTR which were the only ones I played :P