xbox won one black friday battle

Started by Legend, Nov 28, 2014, 09:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

Most of that post wasn't directed to you. 
But I think PS4 is going to win after the holidays.

Dont mind me, I'm just salty that I gotta wait another week or so before I can get my hands on my WiiU while my copy of Mario Kart 8 and my Smash bros Mario Amiibo laugh at me across my room....those bastards...

Legend

Both sold out at my target. MS supplied more though.

Yeah plus target had the best Xbox One deal. $330 plus that gift card. Man was it tempting.

DD_Bwest

280 bucks at target for an entry into the xb world.   one year ago it was 560

granted there is a kinect difference but thats still half price :P

Legend

Yeah it's just insane. I'd be shocked if early nedt year they don't announce an Xbox One slim with lots gutted. They need to keep this low price and not lose billions at the same time.

DD_Bwest

Yeah it's just insane. I'd be shocked if early nedt year they don't announce an Xbox One slim with lots gutted. They need to keep this low price and not lose billions at the same time.
yea, as one person on gaf pointed out, by the time jan rolls around, people will have been used to getting the bone at 330 with games.  how is the console going to fair when its back up to the same as the ps4..  the console is losing a sense of value to the consumer, each day it continues at this price, the greater chance the consumer will look at 399 and say fudge that.   and they surely cant keep thing at 330+game as they would be loosing a ton...

Mmm_fish_tacos

Oh this is going to cost billions. Xbox One will loose more than Ps3 and og xbox combined.

Legend

Oh this is going to cost billions. Xbox One will loose more than Ps3 and og xbox combined.

Doubt it. Just going off the initial bad years of ps3 and ignoring its turn around, that'd be around 10 billion dollars. XBO would be discontinued before anything that bad could happen.

Max King of the Wild

someone said they found the kinect one in with the 330 ones and complained it was ringing up 430. The managers gave it to him at 330

u4gReservoirDogs

Sneaky title, no wonder your nickname is Legend. :P

Meanwhile @ Amazon;
PS4 --> #1 (B.F. - Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us Remastered - steady), #30 (B.F. Lego Batman 3 and Little Big Planet 3 - falling), #38 (Destiny - climbing) and #88 (normal PS4 - falling)
Xone --> #3 (dog-bundle - falling)
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Legend

darkknightkryta

Doubt it. Just going off the initial bad years of ps3 and ignoring its turn around, that'd be around 10 billion dollars. XBO would be discontinued before anything that bad could happen.

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest.  I'm sure Microsoft pumped a billion or two into the Xbox One before it even launched. 

BananaKing

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest.  I'm sure Microsoft pumped a billion or two into the Xbox One before it even launched. 

Sony was losing around 300$ one each PS3 when it launched. and the hardware only became profitable around march 2010. thats when it sold roughly 30 million units.

thats 3 and a half years or so of losing money on each PS3. it lost billions, and PS2 was still being sold by a pretty strong amount back then and was a pure profit machine.

XB1 wont sell that much to lose that much on hardware, and it has xb live. plus, it certainly isnt losing around 300$ per unit.

darkknightkryta

Sony was losing around 300$ one each PS3 when it launched. and the hardware only became profitable around march 2010. thats when it sold roughly 30 million units.

thats 3 and a half years or so of losing money on each PS3. it lost billions, and PS2 was still being sold by a pretty strong amount back then and was a pure profit machine.

XB1 wont sell that much to lose that much on hardware, and it has xb live. plus, it certainly isnt losing around 300$ per unit.

Sony lost a billion per year for 3 years.  Microsoft probably hit that number already for the Xbox One.  MS lost about 100 dollars per unit, if not more at launch.  Exclusive titles that they had to pay for (i.e. Ryse, Titanfall, etc), plus the marketing for said games.  Overall marketing for the Xbox One. Their 180 cost them a pretty penny.  Overall costs of the division.  R & D for the Xbox One.  I'm not even getting into what they're losing now for the holidays, which is close to a billion.

7H3

bby had way more stock than ps4 at bby
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

bby had way more stock than ps4 at bby

I think you mean Xbox One for the first bby, but it kinda works as is too.

Go Up