xbox won one black friday battle

Started by Legend, Nov 28, 2014, 09:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

At my local best buy.

They won launch and destiny too here though.

DD_Bwest

Nov 28, 2014, 09:38 PM Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014, 09:40 PM by DD_Bwest
ive heard stories about stacks of ps4s out at best buy..   but then ive also been hearing stories about people seeing staff restocking it throughout the day lol   im waiting until this thing is all done and over

edit:  with stores having such a hard time with tf bundles, and heck the talk that day ones are still out there, retailers may be weary of taking in huge amounts of stock,  atleat compared to the ps4 that is constantly flying.  also having a larger baseline in general means sony's supply line is probably strong to keep up with things, i wouldnt be surprised if they shipped a larger amount than MS

Mmm_fish_tacos

ive heard stories about stacks of ps4s out at best buy..   but then ive also been hearing stories about people seeing staff restocking it throughout the day lol   im waiting until this thing is all done and over

edit:  with stores having such a hard time with tf bundles, and heck the talk that day ones are still out there, retailers may be weary of taking in huge amounts of stock,  atleat compared to the ps4 that is constantly flying.  also having a larger baseline in general means sony's supply line is probably strong to keep up with things, i wouldnt be surprised if they shipped a larger amount than MS

Yeah, that's why it's hard to tell who's winning by what you see at a store. Who knows how many times they refilled the stack.

Legend

Yeah, that's why it's hard to tell who's winning by what you see at a store. Who knows how many times they refilled the stack.

I was at the store for two hours listening and watching. Xbox one won here.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I was at the store for two hours listening and watching. Xbox one won here.

Lol, why?

Rorono

Yeah but if there it also won Destiny (which PS4 won by a landslide), then we can't draw much from it...

Legend

Yeah but if there it also won Destiny (which PS4 won by a landslide), then we can't draw much from it...

Hence the thread title ;)

Max King of the Wild

Both sold out at my target. MS supplied more though.

BasilZero

Balance back to the Universe Market

This is indication that this gen will be a repeat of last gen except the WiiU will be third place and both the PS4 and the Xbox One will be close in sales (maybe a few mil apart).

DD_Bwest

Both sold out at my target. MS supplied more though.
surprised about that supply, the anecdotal on neogaf is saying ps4 shipped more,  but those are at other retailers.     it seems ms went heavy on target

the-pi-guy

I think Xbox One won here. 
But it's hard to say, I think both consoles had 25-30, but I didn't check any numbers as it was difficult with the numbers of SKUs. 
Didn't sell out of anything though.  We still had 2 or 3 GTA TLoU PS4's when I left.  And 5 XB Unity's last I checked. 

the-pi-guy

Balance back to the Universe Market

This is indication that this gen will be a repeat of last gen except the WiiU will be third place and both the PS4 and the Xbox One will be close in sales (maybe a few mil apart).

I'm not so sure. 
It's the holidays and so far XBO is doing well, but how well will it do next year after the holidays? 
Also consider what MS lost to try to narrow the gap?
500$ console -> loses peripheral that the system was supposedly built around + 100$ price drop -> 50$ (for the holiday season?)
Now a 350$ console; black friday sales with a game or 2 and also 20$ cheaper. 

Sony?
400$ console
Black friday sales, full price with 2 games. 

BasilZero

I'm not so sure. 
It's the holidays and so far XBO is doing well, but how well will it do next year after the holidays? 
Also consider what MS lost to try to narrow the gap?
500$ console -> loses peripheral that the system was supposedly built around + 100$ price drop -> 50$ (for the holiday season?)
Now a 350$ console; black friday sales with a game or 2 and also 20$ cheaper. 

Sony?
400$ console
Black friday sales, full price with 2 games.

Yeah I agree, they lost a lot in terms of profit and revenue I'm sure but I was talking about in terms of units sold :O.

I'm sure the PS4 will still dominate the Xbox One in the next few months, NA loves the Xbox so its no surprise if it outsells the PS4 this month especially since Sony didnt really try like you posted :P.

the-pi-guy

Yeah I agree, they lost a lot in terms of profit and revenue I'm sure but I was talking about in terms of units sold :O.

I'm sure the PS4 will still dominate the Xbox One in the next few months, NA loves the Xbox so its no surprise if it outsells the PS4 this month especially since Sony didnt really try like you posted :P.

Most of that post wasn't directed to you. 
But I think PS4 is going to win after the holidays.