New Infinity Ward job listing suggests Call of Duty 2019 will have a campaign | Charlie INTEL

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 02, 2018, 08:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Xevross

I feel like the thread title should be "multiple next gen platforms". Campaign is expected, it was only cut from Blops 4 because it wasn't going well. But dang, multiple next gen platforms is very interesting.

nnodley

Infinity Ward is next to release COD, and if this job listing is for COD and is coming 2019 then that could all but confirm next gen consoles next year.  I still have a ton of doubt that anything will release next year, so hopefully maybe they are doing COD and something else for once.  I'm doubtful on that as well, but we shall see.

Legend

I feel like the thread title should be "multiple next gen platforms". Campaign is expected, it was only cut from Blops 4 because it wasn't going well. But dang, multiple next gen platforms is very interesting.
Yeah this is megaton stuff

Xevross

Yeah this is megaton stuff
Could be placeholder. But lets assume its not. I think Xbox are going next year, since they announced it already. Maybe multiple refers to Switch, do they refer to that as next gen? Or maybe Sony are going 2019.

Legend

Could be placeholder. But lets assume its not. I think Xbox are going next year, since they announced it already. Maybe multiple refers to Switch, do they refer to that as next gen? Or maybe Sony are going 2019.
Could also be a spring 2020 release for a system. The game would still be ported as long as the next years COD isn't too close.

I really need to start accepting the fact that holiday 2019 might be happening though.

BananaKing

Could also be a spring 2020 release for a system. The game would still be ported as long as the next years COD isn't too close.

I really need to start accepting the fact that holiday 2019 might be happening though.
Yeah I don't see how this could mean anything else but a next gen system releasing next year. The interesting thing is "multiple". Does that mean Xbox and playstation. Or maybe one of those with a "pro" console releasing alongside it?

nnodley

I will echo what someone on Era said.  There have been job listings I have seen in the past, even 2 or 3 years into this gen, that have said next-gen on them.  Haven't really seen many lately though that have said that.  Its definitely a possibility of a 2019 release of either 1 or both.  2020 just seems like the better option for MS and Sony.  Well less MS since they iced this generation up for themselves.  8)

The fact is said "platforms" is what makes it seem like ps5 and xbox one 2

Kerotan

It fudgy better!