Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition announced (iOS/And/W10), same plot, Fall 2017

Started by BasilZero, Aug 22, 2017, 10:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

Square Enix has announced Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition, a new game for iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices that retells teh story of Final Fantasy XV. It will launch later in 2017.
The mobile game features the main characters and story of the console version of Final Fantasy XV, and uses a different art style and casual touch controls optimized for mobile devices. The main story is told through 10 episodes, which will all be available at launch. The first episode will be available for free.

Read more at Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition announced for smartphones - Gematsu

Source: Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition announced for smartphones - Gematsu

BasilZero

Finally, the Switch will get a mainline FF game.

ethomaz

OMG how SE will milk this game...

Xevross

A dumbed down version of a dumb game? Oh boy...

Legend

Oh no that's horrible. I hope this doesn't start a trend.

Dr. Pezus

Finally, the Switch will get a mainline FF game.
Switch?

Legend

Switch?
It's a joke about the switch not being strong enough to run a real Final Fantasy.

BasilZero

Switch?
Come on Dr Pez - its 2017, get with the times yo!

ethomaz

Oh no that's horrible. I hope this doesn't start a trend.
They need to recover these 10 years of development.

Legend

They need to recover these 10 years of development.
So put out a FF 15 2.

darkknightkryta

So put out a FF 15 2.
Game wasn't even in active development for that long.  Its full production was about 4 years.  Which is around 50 million dollars (God of War's budget, normally on a 4 year cycle.)  Add in the costs of the skeletal team working on the PS3 version and I'm sure it's cost is around 60 million plus marketing.  The game made that money back already.

Legend

Game wasn't even in active development for that long.  Its full production was about 4 years.  Which is around 50 million dollars (God of War's budget, normally on a 4 year cycle.)  Add in the costs of the skeletal team working on the PS3 version and I'm sure it's cost is around 60 million plus marketing.  The game made that money back already.
Yeah potentially.

It's more just that this pocket edition would be so horrible to become standard. Could you imagine all the big AAA games releasing on console and then in a year having their dumbed down mobile remake? Imagine this with Uncharted 4.

darkknightkryta

Yeah potentially.

It's more just that this pocket edition would be so horrible to become standard. Could you imagine all the big AAA games releasing on console and then in a year having their dumbed down mobile remake? Imagine this with Uncharted 4.
It's gonna happen as long as people keep buying cellphone games.  There's nothing we can do about it.

Dr. Pezus

Come on Dr Pez - its 2017, get with the times yo!
Wats a switsh

BasilZero

So put out a FF 15 2.
They cant because

Spoiler for Hidden:
Almost all characters are either dead or MIA by the end of the game

I call it the Tabata curse cause every FF game he worked on the same thing happened at the end l0l