The Taco shell, a Switch accessory you need.

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Apr 26, 2017, 01:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well, this is it. My first product!

It feels nice in the hands and unlike the other models on Thingiverse it actually works like stock. They slide into the shell and you'll need to press the button on the back on the controller to release them. They hold it nice and firm. The model will be up by the end of the week on Thingiverse.  They'll also be for sell on Ebay, and my Esty store once I get it set up. Have a look.

Mmm_fish_tacos

There's just one small tiny thing I need to fix, No big deal.

Thoughts?

Dr. Pezus

Cool! I always thought the controller looked uncomfortable docked in that other thing

Mmm_fish_tacos

Cool! I always thought the controller looked uncomfortable docked in that other thing
Yeah, it's like they didn't think about it much. While it works, and probably will be okay for most people it just's isn't up to par if you've been gaming with DS4 Or XBO 1 Controller. This feels much much better.

nnodley

Looks nice.   When I get a switch I might buy one off you.

darkknightkryta

Better than the crud Nintendo gives.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Should I add the switch logo?

darkknightkryta

Should I add the switch logo?
Nintendo won't like that.  They have lawyers

Aura7541

Looks good. What Nintendo offers is too narrow, making the Joycons too close together. This one is wider and also widens outward at the bottom.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I fixed the small issue I was talking about. I'll have a full resolution model late tomorrow night. So excited about this.

Now Just one more modification, Screw holes for the slides. But I need to get a super small screwdriver to take off the stock slide from the stock shell to measure the holes and the counter bore.  The great thing about this is you can use the slides I made, or just take them off the shell you got with your switch and attach them to my shell.

Mmm_fish_tacos

There's been a slight delay in getting the high quailty model done tonight. I got an order for 12 fidget spinners. So I'm making one for a coworker and will work on the rest of them over the weekend. I should get it done tomorrow, and hopefully up on Thingiverse!

Legend

Does it feel better with the joycons angled like that?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Does it feel better with the joycons angled like that?
Yes, much better.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well it's up for download.  I'm a bit nervous right now.

The Taco Shell by Fishtacos - Thingiverse

Mmm_fish_tacos

50 views, 6 downloads.. I'm over here like..