NieR: Automata Review Thread: 89 OC (87 Reviews) 89 MC (88 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Mar 02, 2017, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

ethomaz

Added PC link because the first 90 for it happened and removed exclusive icon.

ethomaz

Horizon

ethomaz

Rorono

SE must have had fairly meager expectations, seems to have undershipped at least in my country. Sold out most copies before release date. On the actual day i went to the stores and they had sold their last remaining copies in the morning, no more until next week. should've preordered, *dunce*

darkknightkryta

SE must have had fairly meager expectations, seems to have undershipped at least in my country. Sold out most copies before release date. On the actual day i went to the stores and they had sold their last remaining copies in the morning, no more until next week. should've preordered, *dunce*
Amazing what a little bit of hype can do for a game.

ethomaz

Like Zelda it received two reviews below 7 and dropped to 88.

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

DerNebel

It's back to 89 on meta and look at this quote from Jim Sterlings review.

Nier itself is important. It is, as far as I'm concerned, historically significant in terms of its design and the way in which it uses the framework of a videogame to tell an evolving story. If I had my way, every budding game developer would play this game to the point of acquiring endings A, B, C, D, and E before acquiescing to its final and alarmingly direct request.

Few games are able to showcase the power of the medium like Nier: Automata.

If history forgets this game, then fudge history.
God dang, I really don't currently have the money ot throw this game into the mix as well, but I'm really worried that if I don't get it now I'll never get it.

ethomaz

:( sad it didn't hold 90.

BTW the reviews that put it at 89 again.

Nier: Automata review: A sublime and stylish action-RPG

The action is superb, the story is one of gaming's best, the atmosphere and tone are easy to get lost in, and the soundtrack is a marvel, with the end game credits song being one of the best in existence. It's been a ridiculously packed year for quality games, and with certain bigger open world games out there right now it might be easy to skip NieR: Automata, but you owe it to yourself to play this. An incredible sequel to one of gaming's strangest, most flawed masterpieces.

ethomaz

Go Up