NieR: Automata Review Thread: 89 OC (87 Reviews) 89 MC (88 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Mar 02, 2017, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Riderz1337

I think you got the title wrong.

Pretty good reviews but still very early. I'm personally not interested in this game at all but it's awesome that we're getting so many amazing games this early in the year...

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

ethomaz

I think you got the title wrong.

Pretty good reviews but still very early. I'm personally not interested in this game at all but it's awesome that we're getting so many amazing games this early in the year...

Yeap... sorry 9 instead 8 lol

Zelda will probably get all reviewers attention today.

Legend

If it stays in the 90s I'd have to consider buying it. On the surface this doesn't look like my type of game but those are great scores.

darkknightkryta

the-pi-guy

DerNebel

94 now with 5 reviews. Lol

Edit: Man, I'm really struggling cause I'm not sure if these great reviews and impressions I'm reading around the net are just because of fanboys and weeaboos that imported the game overselling it or if the game is truly that great. I heard the story is supposed to be amazing... oh and I'm a weak person that already watched the endings on Youtube...why did I do that again?

Xevross

ethomaz

Edit: Man, I'm really struggling cause I'm not sure if these great reviews and impressions I'm reading around the net are just because of fanboys and weeaboos that imported the game overselling it or if the game is truly that great. I heard the story is supposed to be amazing... oh and I'm a weak person that already watched the endings on Youtube...why did I do that again?
The demo plays great... that was one of the weak point of first NiER.

So I can see all these 90s.

DerNebel

The demo plays great... that was one of the weak point of first NiER.

So I can see all these 90s.
The demo played well, but not well enough that gameplay on its own it would justify a 90+ meta score imo. But I'm hearing that the story is great and thought provoking and from what I've listened to the soundtrack is amazing, so hey who knows maybe this will stay above 90.

darkknightkryta

Honestly Nier was a really well made game.  Or rather, it's a really well made RPG.  It's combat was average, but it had some good ideas with the bullet hell stuff.  I personally think people underrated the game a lot.  While I never got to the second play through, an acquaintance was telling me that the story was pretty crazy when you understand what the shadows say.  

DerNebel

feature=youtu.be

Rates it "Buy", calls it the best Platinum game to date.

Aura7541

Xevross

Aura7541

Go Up