Switch dev talk ? 50,000 yen for a kit, Capcom wants to make AAA games, much more - NeoGAF

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 20, 2017, 12:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Switch dev talk – 50,000 yen for a kit, Capcom wants to make AAA games, much more - NeoGAF

http://nintendoeverything.com/switch...mes-much-more/ Much more at the jump above.
Earlier today, the Game Creators Conference was held in Japan. At the event, Nintendo's Masaru Mitsuyoshi held a joint session with Capcom's Masaru Ijuin about Switch. One big thing to get out of the way: Switch development kits. These are planned for a cost of roughly 50,000 yen. If you're doing a direct conversion, that'd be about $450 / $500. Originally, the Joy-Con controllers were still in the research phase and weren't included in explanation document. Ijuin from Capcom said that there was only a touch panel form factor and nothing like the Joy-Con. Because of that, he wasn't sure in what way the device would be portable. Then after the Joy-Con appeared, he though "I got it!". Hardware specs for Switch focus on high performance and low power. It means you can achieve nVidia GeForce's high performance capability in TV mode, and you also can use the same device running with battery in tabletop mode and portable mode.

darkknightkryta

Feb 20, 2017, 03:27 AM Last Edit: Feb 20, 2017, 01:49 PM by darkknightkryta
I'll honestly believe it when I see it.  Their first Switch game is a port of an almost 10 year old port of a 20 year old game

edit: Not the price, everything else.

Legend

That's pretty great. Cheaper than wii u, in a way.

ethomaz

That is not expensive.

Most publishers get free devkits btw.