NPD January 2017 Results: PS4 ~210k, XB1 ~160k, NES Classic #3

Started by ethomaz, Feb 09, 2017, 11:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Aura7541

I'll be shocked if feb and march aren't up YOY with the amazing games and the offer in feb.

Horzion will be big, but how big?  ???
February will be hard to top. The PS4 sold around 400K last February.

Xevross

Feb 10, 2017, 01:24 AM Last Edit: Feb 10, 2017, 01:26 AM by Xevross
February will be hard to top. The PS4 sold around 400K last February.
It will be hard but I can see it managing it with the price drop + nioh + horizon hype + Nier. Last year in Feb it was only Far Cry Primal. Its an interesting one, that's for sure.

With horizon releasing in the march NPD period, I can see it being easily up YOY there

nnodley

4 million lifetime, that's my Horizon bet.
I think that might be a little low, maybe not if reviews are as great as it seems they could be.  I'm thinking 6+ million if it reviews well(85+) and word of mouth is great

Aura7541

It will be hard but I can see it managing it with the price drop + nioh + horizon hype + Nier. Last year in Feb it was only Far Cry Primal. Its an interesting one, that's for sure.

With horizon releasing in the march NPD period, I can see it being easily up YOY there
Nier Automata is a March title.

Raven

And now I remember why I can't stand Gamespot.

Legend

I think Sony would be quite disappointed with that.

I think it will get to 7m with bundles
Maybe they would be, but 7m is crazy.

I doubt even TLOU was expected to do 7 million.

Xevross

Maybe they would be, but 7m is crazy.

I doubt even TLOU was expected to do 7 million.
It depends heavily on marketing and bundling I think. Sony keep saying this is a new franchise, so I can see them giving it heavy bundling to make sure loads of people play it before the sequel.

Didn't you recently say, when the witcher 3 reached 12m, that 12m is fairly standard for a AAA game?

ethomaz

ethomaz

ethomaz

the-pi-guy

I keep saying.  Nintendo should be pushing this, and other classic consoles.  

Legend

Nice to see Infinite Warfare is still popular. I really love space and hope the sales are good enough to not damage the genre.
I keep saying.  Nintendo should be pushing this, and other classic consoles.  
I'm still shocked with how popular it is. Nintendo did a great job with marketing the nostalgia.

A SNES classic in a few years would make sense.

Aura7541

DerNebel

GR2 didn't even make the top ten PS4 games.... god dang nabbit Sony, couldn't you have put the least bit of effort into pushing this game in the west? Not even giving out GR Remastered beforehand to get people up to speed.

darkknightkryta

I'm sad for Kat, she deserves so much more.  I was hoping 2 million world wide for this game, seems like it won't reach that.  

Go Up