Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I really really really want a setup where every TV is essentially just an additional monitor for a central computer. Every device could be played on every TV and you'd be able to do splitscreen and stuff between different sources.

Could get really fancy and make it auto follow you around the house. IE have a casual Netflix show playing in one room and have it seamlessly transition to the next room as you walk.
That sounds like the future :o

the-pi-guy

I really really really want a setup where every TV is essentially just an additional monitor for a central computer. Every device could be played on every TV and you'd be able to do splitscreen and stuff between different sources.

Could get really fancy and make it auto follow you around the house. IE have a casual Netflix show playing in one room and have it seamlessly transition to the next room as you walk.
Well I want that too.

Watched infinity war for the first time.  

Legend

Well I want that too.

Watched infinity war for the first time.  
How did you find it?

I was really close to partially building that setup. I have multiple PS4s and would love to play multiplayer games with my brother but can't because we don't have a second TV in the room.

the-pi-guy

Legend

It was pretty good.  
Cool.

I just got back from a cheap showing of Deadpool 2. Was actually pretty awesome and a lot better than the first. (I didn't really like the first)

Wonder how Disney will deal with Thanos and Cable having the same actor.

Xevross

It was pretty good.  
Gooooooooooooooood Gooooooooooood.

Its much better if you're a big MCU fan, its not like a Star Wars film where most people could just pick it up and enjoy it without missing much.

Cool.

I just got back from a cheap showing of Deadpool 2. Was actually pretty awesome and a lot better than the first. (I didn't really like the first)

Wonder how Disney will deal with Thanos and Cable having the same actor.
It won't matter at all since they're not in the same universe. I can't see them trying to claim Deadpool has been part of the MCU all along or anything like that. They'll either keep it going and won't care or will reboot Deadpool into the MCU with new actors.

Xevross

Here's a fun fact: half of the 36 films that have grossed over $1B worldwide were made by Disney.

Legend

Here's a fun fact: half of the 36 films that have grossed over $1B worldwide were made by Disney.
Is that including Fox now?  ::)

Xevross

Is that including Fox now?  ::)
Nope! It would be 20 with Fox.

Legend

Nope! It would be 20 with Fox.
How many is Marvel?

Disney is just at their A level so much right now. Moana, Frozen, Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, plus all their live action remakes.

Xevross

How many is Marvel?

Disney is just at their A level so much right now. Moana, Frozen, Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, plus all their live action remakes.
6 from Marvel, 3 from Pixar, 3 Lucasfilm and then 2 Pirates films, Frozen, BatB (2017), Alice in Wonderland and Zootopia from their own traditional studios.

Yeah and with Fox they now have a huge dominance of the big film market.

Legend

6 from Marvel, 3 from Pixar, 3 Lucasfilm and then 2 Pirates films, Frozen, BatB (2017), Alice in Wonderland and Zootopia from their own traditional studios.

Yeah and with Fox they now have a huge dominance of the big film market.
Oh wow I forgot about how big Alice in Wonderland was!

Yeah that explains why the other live action remakes became a thing, even though I didn't really think about it belonging to the same category.

Xevross

Oh wow I forgot about how big Alice in Wonderland was!

Yeah that explains why the other live action remakes became a thing, even though I didn't really think about it belonging to the same category.
Yep, Jungle Book only just missed a billy as well. Their recent remakes are all doing crazy well. Many think The Lion King has a shot at $2b next year.

Dr. Pezus

Yep, Jungle Book only just missed a billy as well. Their recent remakes are all doing crazy well. Many think The Lion King has a shot at $2b next year.
I wouldn't bet against it

Legend

I wouldn't bet against it
I would.

How about $1,000 on the forum  ;D

I would not be shocked if that happened but I'd want to see a trailer before predicting anything. Jungle Book proved me wrong in the past but I don't think hyper realistic CGI animals mesh well with talking animals/humanized animals.

Go Up