Theme Park Thread: What is your favorite theme park? What is your favorite ride?

Started by Legend, Jul 29, 2018, 08:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Legend

I love Animal Kingdom at Disney World so much. It was my favorite theme park even way back in 2005 before the newer rides came in. The park just has such a cohesive feel to it. Every land works together so well.

Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom used to be my favorite ride.

I followed every part of its development and was super lucky and rode it right after it opened. Was such a one of a kind ride. Has the largest audio animatronic ever and a bunch of other cool effects. Sadly though, the audio animatronic was too powerful and was destroying the mountain. They ended up turning him off and now just have a strobe light making him look like he moves. Also the bird effect and the mist effect don't work anymore.

Nowadays my favorite ride is Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom.

I talked about it before but it's just such an incredible ride. You really feel like you're flying on an alien planet.

Image result for dinosaur ride
Dinosaur is also an awesome ride at Animal Kingdom.

Image result for kilimanjaro rideImage result for kali river rapids ride
Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids are also really fun.

Xevross

Disney World florida is for sure my #1 if you count it as a whole. If not.... gee its probably between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom in Florida and magic kingdom Paris.

Why'd you put a picture of avatar with expedition everest, or are those two supposed to be separate? I haven't tried the pandora avatar ride yet, but when I went to Florida expedition everest was my favourite in all of the disney parks, I absolutely loved it. That and the river rapids are the two rides I have the strongest memories of from Disney Florida.

Favourite ride for me is so hard, I can't possibly say with how long its been since I've been on some of them.

Dr. Pezus

Lego in Copenhagen I guess since it's the only one I've been to I think haha. Was fun though

nnodley

Haven't been to any Disney parks since I was like super little.  I so want to go to avatar land. And go to Universal Orlando to the Harry Potter park.  Japan's Universal Studios Park was pretty dope though.

Only other ones I've been to is King's Island in Ohio and Holiday World in southern Indiana. Love rollercoasters so King's Island is amazing

Legend

Disney World florida is for sure my #1 if you count it as a whole. If not.... gee its probably between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom in Florida and magic kingdom Paris.

Why'd you put a picture of avatar with expedition everest, or are those two supposed to be separate? I haven't tried the pandora avatar ride yet, but when I went to Florida expedition everest was my favourite in all of the disney parks, I absolutely loved it. That and the river rapids are the two rides I have the strongest memories of from Disney Florida.

Favourite ride for me is so hard, I can't possibly say with how long its been since I've been on some of them.
Alt tag was hiding part of my post.

Expedition Everest is also really fun because it isn't based off an IP. Disney just went crazy and wanted to add a big ride to the park.

Haven't been to any Disney parks since I was like super little.  I so want to go to avatar land. And go to Universal Orlando to the Harry Potter park.  Japan's Universal Studios Park was pretty dope though.

Only other ones I've been to is King's Island in Ohio and Holiday World in southern Indiana. Love rollercoasters so King's Island is amazing
I've only been to the first half of their Harry Potter land but it is really awesome. It's different to Disney in the sense that it feels way more like a movie set. Also the Spiderman ride in Islands of Adventure is also incredible.
Lego in Copenhagen I guess since it's the only one I've been to I think haha. Was fun though
You didn't do Tivoli Gardens?

Xevross

Mummy, the three big HP rides (forbidden journey, escape from gringotts and dragon coaster), Spiderman, Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket at Universal are all awesome from memory.

Tivoli in Copenhagen is fun, I didn't go on any rides when I went there though :(

My favourite in the UK is probably Alton Towers, but I need to go back now I'm older and can do the big rides. The Smiler is famous for two reasons, it has 14 inversions which is 4 more than any other coaster in the world, but there was also a huge crash on it a few years ago and a few people lost their legs. I also need to go to Thorpe Park. Blackpool Pleasure Beach is also really great, The Big One is probably my favourite no inversions coaster, pretty sure its the tallest coaster in Europe. Those are all more just about rides and coasters and less about themes though, but they are still theme parks.

Lego land near London is fun from memory too.

Dr. Pezus

Alt tag was hiding part of my post.

Expedition Everest is also really fun because it isn't based off an IP. Disney just went crazy and wanted to add a big ride to the park.

I've only been to the first half of their Harry Potter land but it is really awesome. It's different to Disney in the sense that it feels way more like a movie set. Also the Spiderman ride in Islands of Adventure is also incredible.You didn't do Tivoli Gardens?
Oh that counts? Yes I did and then that's my favorite lol

Oh I've also been to Terra Mitica in spain

Legend

Legend

I turned this into a general theme park thread since I've been thinking about them a lot recently.

It looks like Universal in Orlando is going to be adding a 3rd park. They recently bought a bunch of land and more than tripled their space.

Nintendo land will be one of the major sections of the park.

I really really hope Disney responds with their own 5th gate. They need it to help with crowds and it has been so long since Disney World added a new park.