Video Game Sales Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Kerotan

Microsoft got a few extra Xbox One sales in holiday 2015 from it. I don't know if it was enough to be worth what they payed, but I sure hope it was. Otherwise, the deal was terrible for both Squeenix and MS which is just tragic. Squeenix have mismanaged this franchise in so many ways its such a shame. Could have been an Uncharted competitor/ replacement but now its just an afterthought to the genre.

SE have had a bad gen. It feels like out of their major franchises the only one they've gotten right is DQ, they've also had some good success with games like Nier and Octopath but that's about it. They need to turn it around.

I think they'll stick to their usual week 1 sales announcement but then very quickly announce the extra milestones once they're reached.
Microsoft got a few extra Xbox One sales in holiday 2015 from it. I don't know if it was enough to be worth what they payed, but I sure hope it was. Otherwise, the deal was terrible for both Squeenix and MS which is just tragic. Squeenix have mismanaged this franchise in so many ways its such a shame. Could have been an Uncharted competitor/ replacement but now its just an afterthought to the genre.

SE have had a bad gen. It feels like out of their major franchises the only one they've gotten right is DQ, they've also had some good success with games like Nier and Octopath but that's about it. They need to turn it around.

I think they'll stick to their usual week 1 sales announcement but then very quickly announce the extra milestones once they're reached.
Now i remember why it was such a dumb decision. Wasn't both it and umcharted 4 meant to release holiday 2015? So maybe they thought Hmmm it will be up against umcharted anyway on ps4 so we take the MS money and give it a holiday 2016 release away from umcharted 4. That logic at least wasn't retarded.
But then uncharted gets delayed anyway so turns out they could have had holiday 2015 all to themselves with no uncharted game out. Ps4 fans were super thirsty for this type of game back then and if they released holiday 2015 i think it would have sold a boat load on ps4. The series on a high and Uncharted fans probably would have jumped on board as they waited patiently.

As it turned out it comes out on xbox in November 2015, pc January 2016 and then uncharted 4 May 2016. By the time it came out on ps4 later that year people were satisfied after uncharted 4 and no longer had that thirst.

Last gen they were a shame show messing up ff13 and giving 360 too many Japanese exclusives. This gen they sorted that out and i thought they had seen sense but then they went and did this. Bit them firmly on the dog.