The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

E3 could be a game changer? You're not going to turn around a shaming year like 2016 has already been for Xbox by making announcements of games that aren't here yet when right now the competition already has close to 50 games you don't have, 28 of which are at least currently exclusive to that platform, with none of your own actual exclusives. Unless you want me to believe that by E3 we'll somehow magically know that the games coming later in the year will be any good. If you're nurturing any hope that its total lineup will outpace the competition in the quantity department this year, I'd go ahead and drown that thing right now.

The best Xbox game by far is a re-release of an indie-style game that came out last year, which had some stuff added to it and given a retail package. Which is also available on PC. Looking ahead, we already know this Summer is loaded with games coming as exclusive or console exclusive to PS4, with some of those console exclusives having PC versions that won't come until later. That's just from now until September. We know GT Sport is coming in November and The Last Guardian is rumored to be an October release. Those will sit alongside many other games that are coming for PS4 from developers who, for one reason or another, are shunning Xbox. Then we have PSVR coming which opens up a whole new library of games for those who will shell out the cash for it.

If you're the kind of Xbox fan who prided themselves on their purchase because you believed you were going to have the best and most numerous options for console gaming available, this is a terrible time to be you. This generation isn't likely to get any better. Not with multiple project cancellations, studio closures, lack of third party exclusivity deals, and a software lineup that has been a disappointment for two and a half years and counting. If you have even a decent PC with Windows 10, there is virtually no reason to own an Xbox One thanks to the direction Microsoft is taking the Xbox division. I would even say at this point that even if you don't have a decent PC, I still wouldn't recommend an Xbox One based on its current library and the future isn't looking bright enough at all to change that.