God of War |OT| Now on PC

Started by Xevross, Apr 11, 2018, 05:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I'm skimming his stuff but maybe he just has different views. :P

(Will need to play gow myself first)
Oh yeah I'm not trying to shame on him or say he's dumb or anything. I'm just baffled about his opinions. They're so out of touch for anyone in the video game industry, you'd get the impression that he doesn't actually like games that much.

His views are just extremely different, is the point. And when sometimes employee's bonuses are based off a metascore, it can be a very bad kind of different. Imagine losing like £1000 because a guy who doesn't particularly like video games didn't like your video game.

Different opinions are fine. Great, in fact. Its the metacritic culture which is at fault here.

the-pi-guy

A disbelieving Barlog tuned into a live stream of his teammates back at Santa Monica Studio in Los Angeles, who were doing the same thing as him.

As he watched them celebrate, the emotion of the moment hit him. "I could not talk for six minutes," Barlog says. "I was crying." Once he dried his eyes, he went out for dinner and ordered the champagne.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12033431

Xevross

Xevross

Did they seriously mean to give it 4 stars?

"One of the best Playstation exclusives ever made"
"God of War's reboot is a triumph. Santa Monica Studios has managed to somehow make a raging monster into a compelling character without squandering everything you know Kratos for."
"Our few complaints - and there are very few..." (two very minor complaints listed but I won't include for spoilers)
"However, none of that detracted from an overall epic journey that is definitely the best in the series"

Sounds like 5 stars to me :(

Also weird they've given perfect scores to loads of PS exclusives, but this is one of the best... hmmm

Legend

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Did they seriously mean to give it 4 stars?

"One of the best Playstation exclusives ever made"
"God of War's reboot is a triumph. Santa Monica Studios has managed to somehow make a raging monster into a compelling character without squandering everything you know Kratos for."
"Our few complaints - and there are very few..." (two very minor complaints listed but I won't include for spoilers)
"However, none of that detracted from an overall epic journey that is definitely the best in the series"

Sounds like 5 stars to me :(

Also weird they've given perfect scores to loads of PS exclusives, but this is one of the best... hmmm
Lol so it begins

the-pi-guy

I didn't see there was a video.  

God of War director Cory Barlog reacts to reviews | ResetEra

Cory Barlog said:  
First, sorry about the quality. Shot on my macbook webcam. So, I thought a lot about whether or not to upload but then I thought of what my son, Helo, is going through right now. He doesn't want us to be around when he is sad, opting to run in another room and yell at us if we try to come in. It has been important to us to let him know that it is OK to be sad, it is OK to cry. There is nothing to hide. I thought I would try to set a good example and show him that papa can cry in front of the world, or at least the 50 people who end up watching this. :) This is for you, Helo. Papa loves you.Click to expand...

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Kerotan

Xevross

Xevross

10/10 from Power Up, not on meta also.

AND AS I WAS TYPING THIS MY GAME WAS DELIVERED YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Xevross

9/10 from GameSpace and 9.5/10 from PLAY! Zine added to meta.

And so the freefall to 94 continues :P

Go Up