PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

With how fast they are making this DLC I bet we will have Horizon 2 in 2019 easily now that their tech is locked in besides them doing some upgrades here and there over time.  Unless they decide to go for a ps5 technical showcase for it, but I hope not because that dragged Killzone shadow fall down by being a ps4 showcase.
you expect them to make horizon 2 in just 2,5 years max? no way. i am thinking it will be released 2021, most likely in the holidays, 4.5 years with a new Gen. are much better when they take their time to release a game even though they can pump out games relatively quick.

DerNebel

you expect them to make horizon 2 in just 2,5 years max? no way. i am thinking it will be released 2021, most likely in the holidays, 4.5 years with a new Gen. are much better when they take their time to release a game even though they can pump out games relatively quick.
Engine exists, premise exists, core gameplay exists, those things should allow shaving off a decent bit of development time.

Legend

Killzone 3 was only 2 years after Killzone 2. First three Uncharteds were also each 2 years apart.

Knack 2 took 4 years so it's totally possible Horizon 2 will take a while, but it's not guaranteed.

DerNebel

Killzone 3 was only 2 years after Killzone 2. First three Uncharteds were also each 2 years apart.

Knack 2 took 4 years so it's totally possible Horizon 2 will take a while, but it's not guaranteed.
I'm not convinced that they didn't take 3 of those 4 years contemplating if they should actually make this pointless sequel.

the-pi-guy

Oct 13, 2017, 08:28 PM Last Edit: Oct 13, 2017, 08:35 PM by the-pi-guy
"pointless sequel"

Wut.

Uncharted 2 came out 8 years ago today.

DerNebel

"pointless sequel"

Wut.

Uncharted 2 came out 8 years ago today.
Well the market reaction tells me that the money and development resources for Knack 2 could have been spend better elsewhere, from all we can tell the game bombed thoroughly.

Kerotan

gamrConnect Forums - When PS4 will outsell 3DS?

My bet? 

End of 2017, starting 2018.

Pezus great shout.  All those ps4 doubters lol

Kerotan

I think late 2019 or early 2020. Release it on ps4 but also make it for ps5 launch at stunning 60FPS native 4k.

Legend

I think late 2019 or early 2020. Release it on ps4 but also make it for ps5 launch at stunning 60FPS native 4k.
Games will not become 60 fps just because the system is stronger. Most people prefer prioritizing other things.

Dr. Pezus

gamrConnect Forums - When PS4 will outsell 3DS?

Pezus great shout.  All those ps4 doubters lol
Who is that ninsect. What a prophet!

Has some new information come to light?

ethomaz

Shocked.

And EU...

Dr. Pezus

Legend

the-pi-guy

Kerotan

Yeah but if Horizon 2 is built @30FPS for the ps4 surely that same game could be 60FPS on ps5.

Go Up