How has Sony games been this gen vs last gen?

Started by Legend, Sep 05, 2017, 01:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

This would basically be PS3-2010.

2010:
GoW iii, heavy rain, ModNation racers, Gran Turismo 5, KillZone 2, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Souls, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, Resistance (of that counts)

Tough call.  
PS4 brought us:
Uncharted 4, Horizon, Bloodborne, GT Sport, LittleBigPlanet 3, Ratchet and Clank, KillZone ShadowFall, Last Guardian.

I'd say they are pretty close....

darkknightkryta

2010:
GoW iii, heavy rain, ModNation racers, Gran Turismo 5, KillZone 2, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Souls, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, Resistance (of that counts)

Tough call.  
PS4 brought us:
Uncharted 4, Horizon, Bloodborne, GT Sport, LittleBigPlanet 3, Ratchet and Clank, KillZone ShadowFall, Last Guardian.

You're missing Metal Gear Solid 4  8)

the-pi-guy

You're missing Metal Gear Solid 4  8)
That's not a Sony game.

darkknightkryta

That's not a Sony game.
You know in your heart it is  8)

Ludicrous Speed

PS3 by far imho. Motorstorm, GoW, KZ2. All PS4 has had from Sony I kind of enjoyed was Horizon. Instead of Motorstorm we got lame Driveclub. And KZ6 sucks. Hell, was Infamous 1 out by now for PS3? That was an amazing game too. Resistance. The first Uncharted. The second had great MP.

Not close imho.

Legend

2010:
Infamous, MAG, Heavy Rain

Tough call.  
PS4 brought us:
Infamous SS, Gravity Rush 2, Knack, Order 1886, Until Dawn,

I added some that you missed that I personally thought were significant.

Tough call for me too. It's interesting how so many of the great PS3 games had yet to release at this point. I forgot how late some of those games came out.

DerNebel

Up to this point in time I think it's hard to make a decision. Looking forward however I am convinced that Sonys first party has never been positioned stronger at least from a financial standpoint. They could potentially release 2 5million+ sellers per year from this point forward until 2019, maybe even more.

2017: Horizon and GT Sport
2018: God of War and Spider-Man (maybe Days Gone could pass that mark as well, I continue to believe that the market potential of that game is not to be underestimated)
2019: TLOU2 and Death Stranding

In pure numbers I believe Sony is releasing less games than last gen, but when it comes to releasing games that have huge market potential, I think they are clearly ahead of the PS3 era.