RUMOR: Battlefield V battle royale prototype is in the works

Started by Legend, Apr 18, 2018, 06:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

RUMOR: Battlefield V battle royale prototype is in the works | ResetEra

Source is Venture Beatshttps://venturebeat.com/2018/04/18/dice-battlefield-v-battle-royale/
EA's DICE studio is testing a battle royale mode for Battlefield V that features similar gameplay to megahits like Fortnite and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, according to someone with knowledge of the studio who asked to remain anonymous. In those last player-standing shooters, 100 players drop onto a map and fight until only one person or team is left standing, and that game type has taken over the industry.Click to expand...
Honestly to the surprise of no one.  

Legend

the-pi-guy

I haven't played a single one of these games, and I'm already sick of them.  

Legend

I haven't played a single one of these games, and I'm already sick of them.  
I need to make a VizionEck Cube Royale Battle Royale mode.

nnodley

I wanted to get some people to make a battle royale game and get in on the hype.  My idea would be quite different than any of them out there, mostly just based on setting.

Dr. Pezus

Everything is battle royale

Legend

I wanted to get some people to make a battle royale game and get in on the hype.  My idea would be quite different than any of them out there, mostly just based on setting.
Battle Royale in spaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

nnodley

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

In the jungle!
nope

*hint* it would create a really tightly closed space(compared to PUBG and Fortnite)

oh and would add verticality to the space

Dr. Pezus

nope

*hint* it would create a really tightly closed space(compared to PUBG and Fortnite)

oh and would add verticality to the space
VizionEck Battle Royale!

nnodley

Apr 18, 2018, 09:51 PM Last Edit: Apr 18, 2018, 09:56 PM by nnodley
VizionEck Battle Royale!
DING DING DING!

But no!

It's pretty simple.  Battle Royale........in an office building!

Could be a 20 story building or a 60 story building.  Or there could be a 20 story building connected to a 60 story building with walkways.  Have multiple people wake up on same floors, so you can either work with them to kill the others and then hash it out with them in the end or go ham as a 1 man army and murder everyone.

The people I wanted to get to work on it really liked the idea, but who knows if I'll ever get the people to do it.

Dr. Pezus

DING DING DING!

But no!

It's pretty simple.  Battle Royale........in an office building!

Could be a 20 story building or a 60 story building.  Or there could be a 20 story building connected to a 60 story building with walkways.  Have multiple people wake up on same floors, so you can either work with them to kill the others and then hash it out with them in the end or go ham as a 1 man army and murder everyone.
That would be cool. Maybe you could get equipment that lets you climb the outside of the building and break in through windows?

nnodley

Apr 18, 2018, 09:57 PM Last Edit: Apr 18, 2018, 09:59 PM by nnodley
Could also not have to be 100 people.  Could be like 30 or 40 as well.

That would be cool. Maybe you could get equipment that lets you climb the outside of the building and break in through windows?
Bruh! I really want to make this game!  I'm gonna try again and see if anyone wants to work on a prototype.

And office assets are so easy to make so it wouldn't be that hard to make the environment.

Legend

Either Battle Royale in an office is already a thing or you've already told me this idea. I've definitely heard about it before.